Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs disappearing?

Solved!

Songs disappearing?

For some reason, some of the songs on my playlists are getting grayed out and unplayable, like "A Simple Idea" and "Everything Is Awesome"(the one by Joli). I also was browsing albums where I wanted the play a song, I got an error code, I clicked back, went back to the same album, and the entire album was grayed out.

What's going on? Why are songs getting removed?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Any content that has disappeared or been removed (the tracks will still be in your playlist, just hidden because they unplayable) is normally down to the record label or rights holder. Sometimes content is removed due to licensing changes, transfer of ownership or due to a request from the content owner.

Annoyingly, we never get to know the reasons - but content does normally reappear given a little time. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Any content that has disappeared or been removed (the tracks will still be in your playlist, just hidden because they unplayable) is normally down to the record label or rights holder. Sometimes content is removed due to licensing changes, transfer of ownership or due to a request from the content owner.

Annoyingly, we never get to know the reasons - but content does normally reappear given a little time. 

Peter

This has happened to me in the past and today I expereinced one of those incidences. What really frustrated me is that I was given no notice, the song was simply - gone. I wish Spotify would send you a note 'Old Dominion: Wrong Turns is no longer available on Spotify due to licencing agreement issues with the record label.' that way 1) I know it's gone  2) I know WHY it's gone and 3) They tell me which song it is so I can find it elsewhere if needed. 

Please consider making this change to your procedures, transparency is always the correct route to take.

Thank you,

Karin

Be sure to add your vote here too!:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Alert-window-that-displays-if-when-a-track-has-been-re...

Peter

Suggested posts