Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs from Lee Tu Nguyen Randomly Playing

Songs from Lee Tu Nguyen Randomly Playing

I have had Spotify Premium for a number of months without issue, (aside from the rubbish shuffle). The last week or so songs from an artist by the name of Lee Tu Nguyen will randomly start playing, even though none of the songs played are on any of my playlists. Indeed, I have never even heard of Lee Tu Nguyen before it started playing randomly on my Spotify.

This will happen in two ways.

1. I will be playing through a playlist and half way through a song the playback will stop and it will swap to Lee Tu Nguyen.

2. I will not have touched the computer at all and Spotify will randomly starting playing Lee Tu Nguyen songs without my permission.

Methods I have tried to fix this problem:

1. I have logged all instances out with the "Sign out everywhere" button in my account settings.

2. I have reinstalled Spotify.

3. Removed all offline devices.

4. Revoked access for all apps.

What in the world is going on? I don't pay for premium to be randomly woken up during the night with some annoying artist I have never heard of, nor do I pay to have my listening experience interupted by, (again), some annoying artist I have never heard of.

58 Replies

You could be having an issue with the music in your queue, to see what's in your queue on a mobile device click on the "queue" option at the top of right of the song window any tracks shown there are queued and can quickly be removed by selecting the unwanted songs and removing them from there 

This songs that are randomly playing are not in my queue until they play. If you look at my queue the songs that are randomly playing are not listed anywhere. They are not in any playlist, not in the queue, not in my song list, not in my radio list, nor do i follow the artist.

I am getting this exact same issue, I've changed all my passwords and Logged all sessions out via the website. I've sent a support ticket in to Spotify. It is still happening after making all security changes. I am 110% certain it is not another device I have signed into, the hostname of the device changing the songs via Spotify Connect is WIN-CQsomethingsomething.

Check this https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Potential-Security-Vulnerability-in-iPho...

Hey @1231279965 and @user-removed! That's odd, thanks for sending that over. 

Can you let us know the following: 

1. Have you noticed any other unusual activity in your account?
  2. Is this happening across all devices?
  3. Does it happen while you're in Offline Mode too?
  4. Does it happen in 3G/4G or WiFi? 
  5. Device and Spotify version. 
  6. Are you on a shared WiFi network?

Hope to hear back from you soon. 

Take care. 

No unusual activity. Only been happening on my desktop which is a wired
connection. Wireless is disabled on both the desktop and the router. I don't
use offline mode.

So I contacted Spotify support and in response they locked my account, which
was 4 days ago. So now not only is the account not working properly I am
unable to use the service that I paid for.

Hey @1231279965,

Just to check, are you still experiencing the same issue or did our Accounts team help you solve this? 

If we've not heard back from you in around 24 hours, we'll be getting this thread closed up.

Don't worry though. If you do need us, just give us a shout 🙂

Hey guys!

It seems we didn't receive a reply from your end. For this reason, we're setting this post as "Closed".

Don't hesitate to write us back if you need some extra help.

Our best,

Hi - I'm having this exact issue and have tried all security changes. Can we reopen this thread? Really really annoying. 

He this issue should not be closed!

I have it too! its extremely annoying.. Feels like I am being hacked into.. or have some virus.

Same issue, no answers anywhere. Extremely annoying and as a result have cancelled my premium. 

I'm having the exact same issue, and Spotify support wants to delete my account so I can recreate it from scratch... I don't think that should be the solution... 

There's obviously some weird bug ocurring with a few users, and this should be tracked down.

To help with some information, I'll answer the Spotify user questions

1. Have you noticed any other unusual activity in your account?
    1. Nope, everything is normal, aside from this weird songs playing all the time
  2. Is this happening across all devices?
    1. Yes, I tried it in both Desktop and Mobile devices
  3. Does it happen while you're in Offline Mode too?
    1. Nope, only online
  4. Does it happen in 3G/4G or WiFi? 
    1. Happens in both 4G and wifi
  5. Device and Spotify version. 
    1. I'm using it on a OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 and spotify 1.0.37.150.gad02a02e
    2. And on mobile Iphone 9.3.5 and spotify 5.7.0.1055
  6. Are you on a shared WiFi network?
    1. It happens on both shared wifi network, private wifi network, and my 4G connection

Can we have this thread reopened please?

This issue should definitely not be closed. The exact same things is happening with me. Same artist, same album randomly playing in the middle of a song when listening to my playlists. At this point it's getting so annoying that I would rather spend my $10/month at Apple Music.

I emailed them and it was fixed in a couple hours, after a few emails. Locked my account asked me some questions to prove I was the original owner and I was given the account back after a password reset. 

@TheSouthe Sorry for the silly question, but what was the email that you sent your problem? I'll try to do the same...

It was a contact form I filled in on the site then they emailed me with

Support@spotify.com

@TheSouthe awesome, thanks for that.

Hopefully someone from Spotify will re-open this thread and realise this is probably a bug in their platform, and fix it somehow.

I was told I have to transfer everything to a new account - seems like they can't fix it 😕 trying not to do that because my discovery playlist is my life and I don't want the algorithm to lose my preferences.

I was told I have to transfer everything to a new account - seems like they can't fix it 😕 trying not to do that because my discovery playlist is my life and I don't want the algorithm to lose my preferences.

Suggested posts