Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs from Lee Tu Nguyen Randomly Playing

Songs from Lee Tu Nguyen Randomly Playing

I have had Spotify Premium for a number of months without issue, (aside from the rubbish shuffle). The last week or so songs from an artist by the name of Lee Tu Nguyen will randomly start playing, even though none of the songs played are on any of my playlists. Indeed, I have never even heard of Lee Tu Nguyen before it started playing randomly on my Spotify.

This will happen in two ways.

1. I will be playing through a playlist and half way through a song the playback will stop and it will swap to Lee Tu Nguyen.

2. I will not have touched the computer at all and Spotify will randomly starting playing Lee Tu Nguyen songs without my permission.

Methods I have tried to fix this problem:

1. I have logged all instances out with the "Sign out everywhere" button in my account settings.

2. I have reinstalled Spotify.

3. Removed all offline devices.

4. Revoked access for all apps.

What in the world is going on? I don't pay for premium to be randomly woken up during the night with some annoying artist I have never heard of, nor do I pay to have my listening experience interupted by, (again), some annoying artist I have never heard of.

58 Replies

I have the same exact problem.

I read about the solutions, but I want to understand the reasons.

Why would a third party show that they have your account by playing a song that nobody have on their lists?

What is really going on?

This is beyond annoying at this point and I feel as if no one at Spotify really cares. Someone has to be exploiting the app and making money off of it and Spotify either doesn't care or they're not competent enough to deal with it. I'm in the process of moving my playlists to Apple Music and when that's complete, I'm out.

I've been having this issue for the past couple of days. I'm a premium member and have been using Spotify a long time and nothing like this has happened before. It's always songs by 'Lee Tu Nguyen' and each time it says i'm connected to a device that I'm not connected to 'WIN-CTHQOLEEKEG'

So strange!

I am not sure if this is the definitive solution but ever since I have given away my friends' Windows phone back to her, removed all my other devices and reset my password, I have not once encountered this problem again. I think the problem stems mainly from having a Windows phone because it displays it on other devices section whilst streaming even if it does not appear on your device list. I don't know how but mobile phones with Windows operating system can be, if not the only, cause of the problem.

If you do not have any Windows phone around and still having the problem, try removing your whole devices and changing your password. As I said, ever since doing these three things (getting rid off the Windows phone, removing devices from profile and changing the password) my classic rock playlists were never disturbed by some bull**bleep** song.

Yep I only have an iPhone but this has been happening on my work PC.

Everytime it connects to a device called WIN-OPE8K6VPKD9. So many people complaining about it you'd think Spotify would do something!

WIN-OPE8K6VPKD9 spotify.png

I've been having a similar problem recently on Spotify.

I have a premium account, just on my laptop, and I try to play a collection of songs I have, usually in random mode. Then, all of a sudden, other songs which I am not familiar with suddenly start playing. I looked at my queue and saw a list of them, so I deleted them all, then closed Spotify, opened it, and tried once more, only to have the same problem. I checked the queue again, and there was another list of unknown (to me) songs!

Along with this, the volume keeps going crazy.  It goes up and down without me doing anything.  It's like someone else is controlling it all.

This does not happen in offline mode, when I use occasionally, and does not always happen at all. But it still occurs way too often for something I'm paying for.

Same problem here, it's driving me crazy. Been going on for a couple of months now, on both my Windows laptop and Android phone. This probably isn't linked but it started happening around the time that I plugged my phone into a rental car to play Spotify. The main culprit is Lee Tu Nguyen but there's a whole list of others that randomly play too, usually containing the same last name (Nguyen). I've aded a screenshot of them since they're currently my 'most played artists' (wonderful). I've logged out of everything, tried to remove all the devices etc. and my details are roughly the same as everyone elses. I'm in Japan. 

This definitely doesn't sound like a closed issue. I would hate to cancel my Premium membership since so much time has been spent getting all the playlists together. 

17495524_10211420181847901_171405217_n.png
17555158_10211420181887902_166736858_n.png

This is curious, because I'm not getting Nguyen, but a bunch of other names which suddenly play, or suddenly listed on my Songs list, where I have a bunch of songs I would like to play, and put them on to play randomly from time to time. I have to delete all these invading tracks (all from the one artist) first.

Then there remains the volume going out of my control.  At the bottom, I see a green bar which says "connected to so-and-so's iphone" or something,

Followed every step. Still happening. I was in offline mode, and after checking security on Facebook it has played this selection of artists 14 times in 24 hours... I havent even used Spotify! I have been sat trying to talk to someone at spotify for nearly half an hour! I am sick and tired of paying for a service and having no help nor be able to actually use it properly! It's been a over a month of this happening. 

Hi Im having the exact same problem as the people in this thread. I randomly get a device connect that I dont recognise and then after a few songs by this nguyen starts to play on that device. Ive reset my password and removed all offline devices and redone them but this still happens.

1. no

2. yes

3. yes I log in to find it playing nguyen stuff

4. happens at anytime

5. PC and Android S7 Edge (spotify premium and whatever the latest model is it just stays updated)

6. Im on a University wired network on my PC

I'm having this same issue and have tried to fix with no success. It continues to stop my playlist and start playing "Nguyen Black Laddy" which has never been in any of my playlists and it has never even been searched for. It begins playing randomly in the middle of various songs I'm listening to. 

It happens continually, both at work and in the car and it's insanely frustrating as a paid subscriber. 

Please help.

Spotify is not "giving a sh*t" for this problem...

The solution is search for another music app

Quick update: The issue hasn't reoccurred since Spotify created a new account for me and moved everything from my previous account. This has been about 1-2 months now.
What is missing for me is that I didn't have the impression the root cause for this was know or solved. It felt more like an incremental approach where I had to do several things to try that were wasteful and didn't help. Only the new account seems to have helped.

Same issue for me and not having this song on any of my lists.

How to create a new account and move all of previous account?

Hey.
Just contact Spotify support @ support@spotify.com.
Was really fast and supportive.
Cheers

Premium member having same problem. Randomly plays any song from Nguyen name on any device (PC, android) or network (Wifi, 4G), usually after using for 5-10 minutes. Happens for music, podcasts, videos, etc. It happens so much I now have a full daily playlist for Nguyen! I do not have a FB account.

See my last reply on how Spotify helped me finding a solution and what it was...

I'm having the exact same issue! It has screwed up my discover weekly's, my "your year in review" last year - and support were unable to assist.

It's happening once again, and as you guys mentioned - with the name "nguyen". I'm glad I'm not the only one! 😞

Suggested posts