Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs keep randomly stopping or skipping to the next song - LG Smart TV

Songs keep randomly stopping or skipping to the next song - LG Smart TV

I have premium account and in the past weeks i´m having an issue in my LG Smart TV model SK7900PLA, which consists in the songs keep randomly stopping or skipping to the next song until the list stops. - I already reinstall the app in the SmartTV, which grant me the latest version of spotify. - I have the TV software uo-to-date, with the latest version - This model is supported by spotify. But regardless of the efforts the problem persists. Help would be appreciated. Ty in advance
20 Replies

Hey @Galegon.

Thanks for getting in touch!

It sounds like there might be some connectivity issues. Do you have the option of moving the WiFi and TV closer to eachother, or try if an ethernet cable helps? That way we can find out if there is an issue with the connection.

If you could also try an account from a friend or family member, we'll be able to determine if this is an account issue or not.

Hope you can try this out. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Hey Guido,

Thx for the quick reply, I forgot to mention that I have the ethernet cable plugged in the device and its 100Mbps, I would say that probably the problem is not an connection issue.

What I do know is that the synchronation between devices and the capability to command what is playing in the SmartTv throught other devices, for example an Iphone 8, was working fine until the past 4 or 5 weeks.

Maybe the last update on the LG Smartv screw this synchronization? And triggered this erratic behavior of stopping or skipping the songs? 

Regarding this:

"If you could also try an account from a friend or family member, we'll be able to determine if this is an account issue or not."

Since I have Premium for family, i´m going to try to other account and check it the behavior persist and feedback here.

Ty in advance

Hey @Galegon.

Alright. Let us know how it goes!

Have a nice day.

Hi all,

I checked with others accounts like was adviced but the behavior is the same, jumps musics, stops randomly, etc.

I already checked on the LG content store for new updates for spotify and nothing,  the version of the Spotify is out to date and is from 15/03/2019 with the version 2.0.12

I already had an update on the firmware of the smarttv after that spotify update, but no update from spotify, maybe the problem is there.

Hi all,

I checked with others accounts like was adviced but the behavior is the same, jumps musics, stops randomly, etc.

I already checked on the LG content store for new updates for spotify and nothing,  the version of the Spotify is out to date and is from 15/03/2019 with the version 2.0.12

I already had an update on the firmware of the smarttv after that spotify update, but no update from spotify, maybe the problem is there.

Just had this problem a few days ago. I had it before a few months back. You need to stop all devices and whatnot. But the most important thing you must do is to RESET your password. If the issue persists then you need to call customer service and have them reset it. 

It would seem that someone somehow has hacked into your spotify. If you notice playback of songs you don't recognize in your recently played section then this is most likely the case. Regardless, this fixed my problem of random stops during playback.

Hi LoganMcRead,

Ty for the reply.

I stopped the Spotify in all devices and after that reset and define a new passsword and even with that, when I started the spotify on the SmartTv the behavior presists and keeps jumping the music.

Im out of ideias here

Keep in mind that the fix only work in instances where playback stopped randomly and not with pausing or skipping issues. Regardless, I think it's time to get customer service involved. Give them a call and ask them to reset your acct. -as it may be compromised. Good luck bud! Hope this works like it did for me.

Hi,

Our family has always had the same issue with the Spotify LG Smart TV app, and now finally I'm getting very frustrated with it. It is clearly a software bug that only  appears on this app.

Every song plays for about three seconds, then starts again and randomly pauses during the song. There is nothing wrong with the Internet connection (wired 1 gigabyte conection) so Spotify team, please fix this. And, I am 100 % sure that my account is not compromised. Have tested this with different accounts, and happens with every account-but only on this app. 

I have the new CX LG and have the same issue... randomly music stops (audio). On IPHONE or PS4 app works, but WEBOS on this LG app sucks a lot. Please fix this

Same thing keeps on happening on my new LG CX. I connected the LG spotify app using my iPhone spotify app. As soon as music starts playing on LG, it randomly skips all the songs in playlist. It’s so fast that it feels like it didn’t even play anything. After that, if you try to play anything inside LG app, nothing happens. I’m going to try to connect to spotify app on LG without using my iPhone account (using my credentials directly). 

I have an LG CX and I’m experiencing the same issue, please fix it!

Has this been fixed yet? Today this situation popped up with us as well rendering Spotify app on our new LG TV useless...

Hey there @Robus1

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

Would you mind sending over the exact model of your TV? 

We'd also recommend making sure that the device is running it's latest firmware version. 

Let us know how it goes.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Model number of the TV LG LM6300PLA
Firmware version 05.00.03 (latest)

Hey @Robus1

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

If your firmware is on the latest version we recommend reinstalling the app on your smart TV as well and checking if this makes a difference. It's also a good idea to restart your Internet connection or check if you experience the same when switching to another network. 

In case this persists, try the steps listed in this help article.   

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.         

Hello,
I had this problem just now, and fixed it by changing the name of the LG TV from:

[LG] webOS TV SJ810V

to:

LG webOS TV SJ810V

Next time I tried to connect, it started to work correctly.

Before this, I tried different accounts, different WiFi, versions updates, reboots everywhere.

only the name change and reconnect to TV worked.

Hi, 

Where did you do the reset? On which menu? 

Hi

Did you solve the problem with your lg tv and spotify?

Ronen

Suggested posts