Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Songs keep skipping by themselves. HELP.

Highlighted

Songs keep skipping by themselves. HELP.

Casual Listener

I'm using a free plan and using a HP pavilion Chromebook on Chrome OS 65. 

I cannot download the actual spotify player because im on Chromebook so i use the web player a lot but recently whenever a start a song, it skips after 2 second, then again and for every song. It just keeps skipping after a couple seconds. 

I've went through a lot of threads but they were all from around 2014 so i created a new one, if there is a new answer.

103 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Songs keep skipping by themselves. HELP.

Hey there @vybz

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

If the Spotify web player keeps on skipping through songs once you start playing, check if the same happens when you use it in a private/incognito window. This will make sure you avoid any issues with the browser's cache. If that doesn't do the trick try a different browser as well.

If your Chromebook is Google Play Store Enabled, you can download the Android version of the Spotify app from the Google Play Store. When using the Spotify app on your Chromebook you'll be able to download music for offline listening. 

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions. 

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson
Highlighted

Casual Listener
ive tried everything, but my spotify still skips songs automatically and doesn't let me listen to music for longer than 2 seconds. every time i try to click on a song to play it starts skipping the song and gets stuck on one song.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

the same thing keeps happening to me it is very annoying

Highlighted

Regular

I am having this problem too and I've tried everything to fix it and it's still not working

Highlighted

Regular

did this also start yesterday for you?

Highlighted

Casual Listener
yes.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Im on a school chromebook, i use the web player. This keeps happening, please fix this spotify.

Highlighted

Hey there folks,

Thank you for reaching out.

Can you confirm if you have tried downloading the app from the Google play Store on your Chromebook devices and if that works better for you?

Also - have you tried playing music in a private/incognito window?

Keep us posted. We'll have an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Hey, my administrator disabled the use of incognito tabs and windows, and downloading the app from the Google Play Store didn't help me. Is there anything else that can be done?
SUGGESTED POSTS