Announcements

Songs keep skipping by themselves. HELP.

Highlighted

Re: Songs keep skipping by themselves. HELP.

Casual Listener

This doesn't work, please find the right solution

Highlighted

Re: Songs keep skipping by themselves.

Visitor

So, I am listening to the web player on a Chromebook, and I have been for months. Just today, it started skipping my songs every 2 seconds, until it goes to another ad. It plays through all the ads, but not my songs. I cleared cache and cookies, logged in again multiple times, and nothing worked. Incognito browser is disabled on this computer. I believe this could be a bug on certain computer Spotify players, because the Spotify app on my phone is working just fine. It looks like other people are having this same issue, and nothing is being done about it. 

To Spotify: If you could troubleshoot and fix this, that would be great! Thank you.

Highlighted

Visitor
I also have this problem! Starting today. I have the HP Chromebook 11. downloading the app didn't help and I've tried EVERYTHING. Oddly enough it works fine on my phone but I've noticed over the years that Spotify web player is always finicky.
Highlighted

Visitor

Yes, i had it too, i didnt really wanna switch to the apps since i cant autoplay my audio and kinda y'know pick my own songs.

Highlighted

it did not work for me
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Same problem here. Songs skipping, only ads are playing. I am listening on my work laptop, so can only use web player in Yandex.Browser (Chromium-based). Other option on this laptop is Edge but actually not an option anymore (since it's needed to install some extensions). 

Also not working in private tab.

Android & Mac apps are working just fine on my account, so it's not an account-based problem.

Please fix this! Thank you.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I have had the same problem on my Chromebook. I have Spotify Premium. It began skipping about a week ago. I have tried all the recommended solutions and the only one that worked was getting the Android App from the Google app store. It changed the layout of my saved music but at least it works.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
yes same issue
Highlighted

Casual Listener
i have done all these and same my incognito tabs dont work

Visitor

I just tried the incognito window and it kept skipping. I also have the google play download and it's not working there either 😞 it started yesterday 10/6/20 for me as well! Help us Spotify, you're our only hope!

SUGGESTED POSTS