Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs keep skipping by themselves. HELP.

Solved!

Songs keep skipping by themselves. HELP.

I'm using a free plan and using a HP pavilion Chromebook on Chrome OS 65. 

I cannot download the actual spotify player because im on Chromebook so i use the web player a lot but recently whenever a start a song, it skips after 2 second, then again and for every song. It just keeps skipping after a couple seconds. 

I've went through a lot of threads but they were all from around 2014 so i created a new one, if there is a new answer.

122 Replies

Hi all,

I am a teacher on my school provided device as well (chromebook), and do not have access to Google Play downloads. I did try opening Spotify in an incognito tab, and this issue continued.

This issue only started yesterday, so something recently changed I believe if this is happening to multiple users. 

Premium user here too! Same issue since yesterday 😞

Same problem with no results from incognito or Android App, tried everything.  First noticed the problem Monday, Oct. 5.  School chromebook; premium user.  I will find another premium service if this isn't fixed soon.  Please respond to these many users, Spotify!

I had the same problem but it returned to normal after I turned off developer mode on my Chromebook and it rebooted so I think the key here is either turning developer mode off or just totally rebooting/reset to factory mode. hope this helps!

Issue:

Songs will play for at most 2-3 seconds before freezing and skipping

resolution attempts: 

Download the appstore app (still skips)

Incognito tab (Still skips)

update speaker settings (limited on a chromebook, still skips)

Factory reset chromebook (Still skips)

I am a premium member, and cant even use the service, i would like to know if im going to even get something back for the service im paying to not be able to use at this point

Hey, I'm having the same problem. I also tried using the private/incognito window and it still doesn't work. I can't download it on the chromebook either. Is it possible something is wrong with the program?

I tried using incognito mode, but it is the same. As soon as the audio starts, it skips to the next song.

okay so im on a school chromebook and my school blocks most things as well. when i enter my spotify, a little pop up comes up asking for spotify to verify my device or whatever. its in the top middle screen. i pushed 'allow'. try that out. it stopped mine from skipping the songs and playing only the ads.

hope i helped someone out 🙂

No, opening an incognito window does not work for me. (I also have this problem on my school computer now, my friend does too). It works on the app on my phone but not on the web version, I can't install the app on my school computer, only a shortcut to the web version.

Same problem

Where did it pop up at? Like were you in the web player? Or were you
somewhere else?

THIS WORKS!!!!

Where was the pop up at?

I had this problem on one Chromebook, but on the same account, on a chromebook I hadn't used before, Spotify worked normally after clicking "allow" on a popup. The popup was in the upper left corner, near the address bar, and asked if Spotify could do something with my device.

The popup was after i first logged into the web player, near the address bar

Where did you find this pop up or did it do it on its own?

Oh thank you so much I got it to work

In the top left of your chromebook there is a lock symbol or image you
click on that make sure all of those say allow and then click off of it and
there should be something saying reload the page and when it does that then
the popup should show and you press allow.

thx it worked

You're welcome!

Suggested posts