Songs keep skipping by themselves. HELP.

Solved!

Songs keep skipping by themselves. HELP.

vybz
Casual Listener

I'm using a free plan and using a HP pavilion Chromebook on Chrome OS 65. 

I cannot download the actual spotify player because im on Chromebook so i use the web player a lot but recently whenever a start a song, it skips after 2 second, then again and for every song. It just keeps skipping after a couple seconds. 

I've went through a lot of threads but they were all from around 2014 so i created a new one, if there is a new answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Elena

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts.

We're sorry to hear you're still having trouble with with. We can confirm that this ongoing issue should now be fixed, so your issue might be caused by something else.

Make sure to take a look at the supported browsers listed here. If you've checked that would you mind letting us know what troubleshooting steps you've done?

We'll have an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

121 Replies

clbayless
Regular
Where was the pop up at?

SaraGatlin
Casual Listener
The popup was after i first logged into the web player, near the address bar

clbayless
Regular
Where did it pop up at? Like were you in the web player? Or were you
somewhere else?

sarabesek
Casual Listener
it popped up on the web player, but for some reason it seems to be
woring now? I did'nt do anything it just started working?

jayfino
Regular

just started working now!!

gggzzz
Visitor

I had the same problem but it returned to normal after I turned off developer mode on my Chromebook and it rebooted so I think the key here is either turning developer mode off or just totally rebooting/reset to factory mode. hope this helps!

msmirabella
Casual Listener

Hi all,

I am a teacher on my school provided device as well (chromebook), and do not have access to Google Play downloads. I did try opening Spotify in an incognito tab, and this issue continued.

This issue only started yesterday, so something recently changed I believe if this is happening to multiple users. 

Elharp6520
Casual Listener

I have had the same problem on my Chromebook. I have Spotify Premium. It began skipping about a week ago. I have tried all the recommended solutions and the only one that worked was getting the Android App from the Google app store. It changed the layout of my saved music but at least it works.

munraito
Casual Listener

Same problem here. Songs skipping, only ads are playing. I am listening on my work laptop, so can only use web player in Yandex.Browser (Chromium-based). Other option on this laptop is Edge but actually not an option anymore (since it's needed to install some extensions). 

Also not working in private tab.

Android & Mac apps are working just fine on my account, so it's not an account-based problem.

Please fix this! Thank you.

doggoismenow
Visitor

Yes, i had it too, i didnt really wanna switch to the apps since i cant autoplay my audio and kinda y'know pick my own songs.

Yorkian
Visitor
I also have this problem! Starting today. I have the HP Chromebook 11. downloading the app didn't help and I've tried EVERYTHING. Oddly enough it works fine on my phone but I've noticed over the years that Spotify web player is always finicky.

monatodd
Visitor

So, I am listening to the web player on a Chromebook, and I have been for months. Just today, it started skipping my songs every 2 seconds, until it goes to another ad. It plays through all the ads, but not my songs. I cleared cache and cookies, logged in again multiple times, and nothing worked. Incognito browser is disabled on this computer. I believe this could be a bug on certain computer Spotify players, because the Spotify app on my phone is working just fine. It looks like other people are having this same issue, and nothing is being done about it. 

To Spotify: If you could troubleshoot and fix this, that would be great! Thank you.

Devilina163
Casual Listener

This is happening to me too and I am also on a school chromebook.

Bodislav
Casual Listener

Hello everyone!

I'm having the same problem as well. The issue occurs only when the web version of Spotify is used (or when you control the web version using the Spotify smartphone app). Trying Incognito gives nothing, so the problem persists.

Please, Spotify, fix the thing! Thank you!

P.S.: I'm a Premium user.

msmirabella
Casual Listener
Premium user here too! Same issue since yesterday 😞

markbrouwer07

Same problem with no results from incognito or Android App, tried everything.  First noticed the problem Monday, Oct. 5.  School chromebook; premium user.  I will find another premium service if this isn't fixed soon.  Please respond to these many users, Spotify!

SpookyBoi1
Casual Listener

I am having the same issue, I have the app and it does the same thing although for me it skips a few songs then plays one to 9 seconds then stops.

Let me know when this bug is fixed

nina21
Visitor

yess the same thing happens to me and my administrator blocks incognito mode and I can switch the browser I literally can do any of the things that people say I should do it's really frustrating...

clbayless
Regular
Okay so you go to the top left where you normally type in things to look up
and you click on the lock symbol make sure when you do this that you are on
the spotify web player website then when you click on it make sure
everything has allow on click off of it (not the website but the allow pop
up) and then refresh the screen and there should be another pop-up and you
click allow also I hope I helped!
[image: image.png]
[image: Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 3.28.28 PM.png]
[image: Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 3.28.12 PM.png]

jayfino