Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Songs keep skipping by themselves. HELP.

Highlighted

Re: Songs keep skipping by themselves. HELP.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts.

We're sorry to hear you're still having trouble with with. We can confirm that this ongoing issue should now be fixed, so your issue might be caused by something else.

Make sure to take a look at the supported browsers listed here. If you've checked that would you mind letting us know what troubleshooting steps you've done?

We'll have an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Regular

I'm having a very similar issue but using the actual Spotify dekstop app, not the web app. I've had the same issue on the Android app as well. It seems like a deeper problem with the Spotify player.

When this happens, Spotify just continuously skips through songs. In my case, it doesn't play any audio, just skips through tracks every fraction of a second. 

I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, changing the default audio device for Spotify in Windows settings, and running as administrator, but nothing has solved the issue. Spotify developers really need to step up and fix this problem. It's been an ongoing issue for me for years.

Highlighted

Hey @AlteriusOmega,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

It looks like you are experiencing a different type of issue. We can see that you also posted in this thread. We'll try our best to help you out there.

If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Stay safe!

VerModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar
Highlighted

Visitor

Hello, I keep experiencing this issue of Web Player keeps skipping song by themselves.  I am a paying customer and only want to use the web player on my computer.  The web player was working fine until November 2020.  My Spotify is setup so that it is not connected to Facebook, and I have it setup not to share my usage with FaceBook. However, I am seeing the Web Player getting hung up with my FireFox Facebook container as Web Player Spotify is making Facebook call and my FireFox contain is getting alerted and halting the web call.

This tells me Spotify needs to change the Web Player 3rd party trackers.

I think this is why the web player is skipping songs, as Spotify is making calls to Facebook.  And between my AdBlockers, my FB AdBlocker and my FB Container in Firefox, the web player is now broken,

Spotify needs to design this to NOT use Facebook as a required tracker.

Please fix.

SUGGESTED POSTS