Songs keep skipping by themselves. HELP.

Solved!

Songs keep skipping by themselves. HELP.

vybz
Casual Listener

I'm using a free plan and using a HP pavilion Chromebook on Chrome OS 65. 

I cannot download the actual spotify player because im on Chromebook so i use the web player a lot but recently whenever a start a song, it skips after 2 second, then again and for every song. It just keeps skipping after a couple seconds. 

I've went through a lot of threads but they were all from around 2014 so i created a new one, if there is a new answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Elena

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts.

We're sorry to hear you're still having trouble with with. We can confirm that this ongoing issue should now be fixed, so your issue might be caused by something else.

Make sure to take a look at the supported browsers listed here. If you've checked that would you mind letting us know what troubleshooting steps you've done?

We'll have an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

fearmakasu
Casual Listener

Here is what you do, go onto the spotify app on your chromebook and click on the 3 dots on the right hand corner, then click on app info. Once you do that, click allow protected content. and then refresh the app. Now it should be working! If youre on the web player on chrome browser then just press on the lock symbol on the left hand side of the url on top, then allow protected content right there. Refresh. Now it should be working for you too!

121 Replies

Alexa19
Casual Listener

It worked! Thank you so much!

jayfino
Regular

Okay what do i do? cause i dont see the option on my browser. I attached a picture

Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 1.48.27 PM.png

Whitesun
Casual Listener

the administrator made 2 things block and can locked the settings

QueenFan
Regular

The pop-up I receive does not show the "allow" button... also, cannot see your attached photos

fearmakasu
Casual Listener

go to site settings then follow the rest of the instructions

QueenFan
Regular

Went to settings, allowed the flash, reloaded the page... failed to work 😞 not sure what the problem is... maybe my computer?

SpookyBoi1
Casual Listener
Sorry to say this but, for the school Chromebooks it is blocked by the
administrator

Devilina163
Casual Listener

Thank you so much you are a life saver!!😘😁

Ryan_Mi
Casual Listener
It worked! Thank you so much! You're amazing!

SaraGatlin
Casual Listener
I had this problem on one Chromebook, but on the same account, on a chromebook I hadn't used before, Spotify worked normally after clicking "allow" on a popup. The popup was in the upper left corner, near the address bar, and asked if Spotify could do something with my device.

clbayless
Regular
Oh thank you so much I got it to work

Fyttisopp
Visitor
Same problem

AvocadoToast
Visitor

okay so im on a school chromebook and my school blocks most things as well. when i enter my spotify, a little pop up comes up asking for spotify to verify my device or whatever. its in the top middle screen. i pushed 'allow'. try that out. it stopped mine from skipping the songs and playing only the ads.

hope i helped someone out 🙂

AlikeL
Casual Listener

THIS WORKS!!!!

Devilina163
Casual Listener

Where did you find this pop up or did it do it on its own?

clbayless
Regular
In the top left of your chromebook there is a lock symbol or image you
click on that make sure all of those say allow and then click off of it and
there should be something saying reload the page and when it does that then
the popup should show and you press allow.

ajka22
Casual Listener

OH MY GOSH THANK YOU

QueenFan
Regular

I clicked on the lock image, but it didn't say "allow", nor did it ask to reload the page. See image

Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 3.26.16 PM.png

ajka22
Casual Listener
do you have flash turned on
if not log out or shut down your computer then open web player and it should show stuff

Smol8151
Casual Listener

thx it worked

clbayless
Regular
You're welcome!
SUGGESTED POSTS