Announcements

Songs keep skipping by themselves. HELP.

Highlighted

Re: Songs keep skipping by themselves. HELP.

Casual Listener

Hi all,

I am a teacher on my school provided device as well (chromebook), and do not have access to Google Play downloads. I did try opening Spotify in an incognito tab, and this issue continued.

This issue only started yesterday, so something recently changed I believe if this is happening to multiple users. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Premium user here too! Same issue since yesterday 😞
Highlighted

Same problem with no results from incognito or Android App, tried everything.  First noticed the problem Monday, Oct. 5.  School chromebook; premium user.  I will find another premium service if this isn't fixed soon.  Please respond to these many users, Spotify!

Highlighted

Visitor

I had the same problem but it returned to normal after I turned off developer mode on my Chromebook and it rebooted so I think the key here is either turning developer mode off or just totally rebooting/reset to factory mode. hope this helps!

Highlighted

Issue:

Songs will play for at most 2-3 seconds before freezing and skipping

resolution attempts: 

Download the appstore app (still skips)

Incognito tab (Still skips)

update speaker settings (limited on a chromebook, still skips)

Factory reset chromebook (Still skips)

I am a premium member, and cant even use the service, i would like to know if im going to even get something back for the service im paying to not be able to use at this point

Highlighted

Visitor
Hey, I'm having the same problem. I also tried using the private/incognito window and it still doesn't work. I can't download it on the chromebook either. Is it possible something is wrong with the program?
Highlighted

Visitor

I tried using incognito mode, but it is the same. As soon as the audio starts, it skips to the next song.

Highlighted

Visitor

okay so im on a school chromebook and my school blocks most things as well. when i enter my spotify, a little pop up comes up asking for spotify to verify my device or whatever. its in the top middle screen. i pushed 'allow'. try that out. it stopped mine from skipping the songs and playing only the ads.

hope i helped someone out 🙂

Highlighted

Casual Listener

No, opening an incognito window does not work for me. (I also have this problem on my school computer now, my friend does too). It works on the app on my phone but not on the web version, I can't install the app on my school computer, only a shortcut to the web version.

Highlighted

Visitor
Same problem
SUGGESTED POSTS