Songs momentarily pause playback at 9 seconds

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: I think I have found a solution for now

Casual Listener

When I'm playing Spotify, I have this exact same problem. Currently, I am running an Acer Chromebook R11, and I have found a solution for now. However, I am not sure this will work on other devices, so do not take my words for granted.

1. Close out Spotify if you are playing it

2. Shut down your Chromebook with the "Shut Down" button

3. Turn on your Chromebook again 

4. Go to your Spotify and play a song, it should not pause at 9 seconds.

If this does not work on your Chromebook, then I am not sure. That is the only solution that I have seen to get rid of the problem.

P.S: If you shut it down again, Spotify will reset to pausing at 9 seconds. If you get worried about that, do the process again, for it has worked for me so far. 

Screenshot 2020-02-06 at 2.30.07 PM.png
Highlighted

UPDATE!

Casual Listener

You may have to shut it down multiple times now. Be aware.

Highlighted

Re: Songs momentarily pause playback at 9 seconds

Visitor

It's been more than six months since the promise for a solution, but the 9-seconds glitch pertains on the web app for Chromebooks.

Come on, is it THAT difficult to solve this issue?

Highlighted

Visitor

The same thing is happening to me. I'm sure it is worse for those who paid.

Highlighted

Please revisit this issue!

Casual Listener

My Chromebook has a problem where Spotify pauses momentarily at 9 seconds when on the web browser. My school disabled apps, so I cannot download the Spotify app. You answered someone else and said this was an individual problem. This is not. People are posting about it everywhere, places like Reddit. Please fix this problem.

Highlighted

Visitor
One year after original post, I'm still havin the problem, Also on an Acer Chromebook using the web player.
Highlighted

Visitor

They still haven't fixed this? Former Spotify subscriber who tries this every couple months -- and Chrome OS versions -- hoping there's been a fixed.

Same issue as everyone else. Pauses on every track at 9 seconds. Resumes after a second. Very annoying interruption to music. Clearing cookes and cache doesn't help, neither does rebooting Chrome or resetting network. 

Highlighted

Visitor

There's a problem with the Webplayer on Spotify's end.

Using the same internet connection, the Spotify Playstore App on my Chromebook nor the app on my Android phone have the same skip issues. 

Highlighted

Visitor

mine stops at exactly 9 seconds and I've done everything it didn't do it a for a bit then started again and I have a Chromebook 11 3180

Highlighted

Hey hey @justin313320!

Thanks for reaching out this sounds odd and we'll do our best to help you out here.

Just to doublecheck, can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? 

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll need to know if this happens on all your devices and if you're using the Google play app or the web based version of Spotify.

A screen recording of what you're experiencing will be very helpful to our investigation as well.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS