Premium

Country

UK

Device

Chromebook

Operating System

Chrome OS

My Question or Issue

Same as title. If I play any song via web player on my Chromebook, after 9 seconds there will be a momentary one or two second pause, then playback will resume uninterrupted until the end of the song. I've tried the usual stuff and the problem's stil there.

45 Replies

If you had read ALL the comments above, you'd understand that your questions are redundant. 

Been struggling with this (as a paying customer) for years. 

Get to work! 

I have the problem on my Acer Chromebook. Amazing that Spotify can't fix this after so long. Big black mark.

This is web player specific as can be noted from the forums title

Hey there folks,

thanks for sharing you info with the Community!

Could you also let us know if this happens regardless of the network you're using? Does it happen on mobile data and your home Wi-Fi or only on your school/company's network.

Thanks. We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Both: at home AND at work. 

Hi there @karldegrijse,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you try out the solution by @Milez in this thread and see if that makes any difference.

Also, you can head over to this Ongoing Issue thread and add your +Vote to stay up to date with any updates, as well as adding your info as a post. This will help our team with the investigation of this issue. 

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Enabled Smooth Scrolling but couldn't find the "New Tab Loading Animation". Restarted chromebook anyhow and it SEEMS fixed. Let's hope it's permanent. Where exactly can I click "Accept as Solution"? ( Can't find it).

Hey @karldegrijse

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We’re happy to hear this is fixed for you and you can enjoy your music again.

To mark a response as a Solution you need to scroll and find the post in question and look at the bottom of the tray where it gets displayed. There you can see some buttons allowing you to Reply, Like or Accept As Solution

We'll be here if you have any questions. 

I only see the reply and like buttons... 

Screenshot 2020-10-14 at 15.32.37.png

Hi @karldegrijse,

Thanks for getting back to us.

No worries, if you're not seeing this button in this thread, we can mark it for you 🙂

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions. 

Have a great day!

AlexModerator

@alex

That method only works sometimes and bot for everyone so there is no reason to mark it as a solution when it is false.

Yeah, just to be clear, this solution didn't work for me when it was first
suggested a couple of years ago

No, you're right. If it's no solution for everyone, it's NO solution. By the way, after a brief, erm, pause of a couple of weeks, the "Pause after 9 seconds" is back with me again... Nothing solved. 😒

Hey folks,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

It's a good idea to check if the browser is up-to-date and to clear the cache. If the issue persists, you can try with a different browser. Are there any changes?

If that doesn't help, you can log in to another account. Does the issue occur?

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

Just great,Today I got a brand new Chromebook from my work, an Acer 514. Now every song on spotify stops dead at 9 seconds PERMANENTLY. The song doesn't even restart, EVER! So long spotify... :-(Thanks a bunch,Karl

Hey @karldegrijse,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We're sorry to hear you feel this way and we'd love to help you.

In this case it's a good idea to get in touch with your IT. That way you can check if there are restrictions on the device that could block apps like Spotify. 

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

I'm pretty sure there aren't any restrictions on my new device, when there weren't any on my old chromebook, nor on any devices of my colleagues. 

MOREOVER, spotify now completely FLIPS on chromebook: the first 10 seconds or so, it starts a random new song in the same playlist EVERY second (like a fickle adolescent would), until it finds one it "approves" of, and THAT one it plays for the whole... 9 seconds. After that it retires. 

Hey @karldegrijse,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Could you let us know which browser you are using and whether or not the issue persists on another one or on a different device? If you have the option to log in with a friend or family members account that would also help us get to the root cause of the problem quicker.

Keep us posted, we'd love to investigate this further. 

Mihail Moderator

It's a Chromebook. There's only one browser on a Chromebook, is there? 

Hey @karldegrijse,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If your Chromebook supports the Play Store you should be able to download different browsers as regular apps. It would also be useful to check if the issue comes up when you log in with a friend or family members account or with a different network, such as a mobile hotspot.

Keep us posted, we’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

Suggested posts