Premium

Country

UK

Device

Chromebook

Operating System

Chrome OS

My Question or Issue

Same as title. If I play any song via web player on my Chromebook, after 9 seconds there will be a momentary one or two second pause, then playback will resume uninterrupted until the end of the song. I've tried the usual stuff and the problem's stil there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Songs momentarily pause playback at 9 seconds

Hi there @karldegrijse,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you try out the solution by @Milez in this thread and see if that makes any difference.

Also, you can head over to this Ongoing Issue thread and add your +Vote to stay up to date with any updates, as well as adding your info as a post. This will help our team with the investigation of this issue. 

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

View solution in original post

33 Replies
Highlighted

Spotify Legend

Hey @bnzss, help's arrived. 

Let's try a couple of things:

• Open the Web Player in an incognito window.
  • Try a different internet connection
  • If your Chromebook is Google Play Store Enabled, you can download the Android version of the Spotify app from the Google Play Store and try it out.

Let us know if the issue persists, along with some more info. Does it happen with every song? Does anything break the pattern?

All the best!

Highlighted

Regular

Hi, I'm having the same problem, also on the web app on a Chromebook (Acer Chromebook 14). It still does it on different internet connections and on incognito mode, so it seems to be a problem with the web app specifically. It works fine on the app, both on my desktop and phone, but the desktop app isn't desktop sized and is really annoying, so I would like to be able to keep using the web app instead. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

This happens to me on webplayer every song and on 2 different chromebooks. Live in the US.

Highlighted

Spotify Legend

Hey @troytrivia and the rest,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of an issue with the app and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. Be sure to comment or subscribe in the topic to get notifications. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Highlighted

Visitor
Has there been any resolution for this problem? Same concern for me, no issues on my Android phones, only on my Chromebook. The app runs well otherwise.
Highlighted

Spotify Legend

Hey @BubbaBri,

You can be kept up-to-date in this topic.

Be sure to hit +VOTE and subscribe to the topic so you get notifications.

Hope it'll get fixed soon! Have a nice day.

Highlighted

Regular

I was having this problem on my Acer Chromebook 15...EVERY song would pause at 9 seconds in. I downloaded the Android version and it seems to be working fine now.(although i prefer the other spotify format)..but whatryagonnado?

Highlighted

I'm still having this issue via Web Player, Any updates on the issue?
Highlighted

Visitor

Has there been any fix for this? It gets annoying after a while. I'm having the exact same issue.

SUGGESTED POSTS