Premium

Country

UK

Device

Chromebook

Operating System

Chrome OS

My Question or Issue

Same as title. If I play any song via web player on my Chromebook, after 9 seconds there will be a momentary one or two second pause, then playback will resume uninterrupted until the end of the song. I've tried the usual stuff and the problem's stil there.

Top Answer
Ver
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thanks for the info 🙂

It sounds like you might be experiencing this issue. You can follow the steps under Status Update, add your +Vote and Subscribe to the thread so you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

Stay safe!

45 Replies

Hey @bnzss, help's arrived. 

Let's try a couple of things:

• Open the Web Player in an incognito window.
  • Try a different internet connection
  • If your Chromebook is Google Play Store Enabled, you can download the Android version of the Spotify app from the Google Play Store and try it out.

Let us know if the issue persists, along with some more info. Does it happen with every song? Does anything break the pattern?

All the best!

Hi, I'm having the same problem, also on the web app on a Chromebook (Acer Chromebook 14). It still does it on different internet connections and on incognito mode, so it seems to be a problem with the web app specifically. It works fine on the app, both on my desktop and phone, but the desktop app isn't desktop sized and is really annoying, so I would like to be able to keep using the web app instead. 

This happens to me on webplayer every song and on 2 different chromebooks. Live in the US.

Hey @troytrivia and the rest,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of an issue with the app and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. Be sure to comment or subscribe in the topic to get notifications. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Has there been any resolution for this problem? Same concern for me, no issues on my Android phones, only on my Chromebook. The app runs well otherwise.

Hey @BubbaBri,

You can be kept up-to-date in this topic.

Be sure to hit +VOTE and subscribe to the topic so you get notifications.

Hope it'll get fixed soon! Have a nice day.

I was having this problem on my Acer Chromebook 15...EVERY song would pause at 9 seconds in. I downloaded the Android version and it seems to be working fine now.(although i prefer the other spotify format)..but whatryagonnado?

I'm still having this issue via Web Player, Any updates on the issue?

Has there been any fix for this? It gets annoying after a while. I'm having the exact same issue.

When I'm playing Spotify, I have this exact same problem. Currently, I am running an Acer Chromebook R11, and I have found a solution for now. However, I am not sure this will work on other devices, so do not take my words for granted.

1. Close out Spotify if you are playing it

2. Shut down your Chromebook with the "Shut Down" button

3. Turn on your Chromebook again 

4. Go to your Spotify and play a song, it should not pause at 9 seconds.

If this does not work on your Chromebook, then I am not sure. That is the only solution that I have seen to get rid of the problem.

P.S: If you shut it down again, Spotify will reset to pausing at 9 seconds. If you get worried about that, do the process again, for it has worked for me so far. 

Screenshot 2020-02-06 at 2.30.07 PM.png

You may have to shut it down multiple times now. Be aware.

It's been more than six months since the promise for a solution, but the 9-seconds glitch pertains on the web app for Chromebooks.

Come on, is it THAT difficult to solve this issue?

The same thing is happening to me. I'm sure it is worse for those who paid.

My Chromebook has a problem where Spotify pauses momentarily at 9 seconds when on the web browser. My school disabled apps, so I cannot download the Spotify app. You answered someone else and said this was an individual problem. This is not. People are posting about it everywhere, places like Reddit. Please fix this problem.

One year after original post, I'm still havin the problem, Also on an Acer Chromebook using the web player.

They still haven't fixed this? Former Spotify subscriber who tries this every couple months -- and Chrome OS versions -- hoping there's been a fixed.

Same issue as everyone else. Pauses on every track at 9 seconds. Resumes after a second. Very annoying interruption to music. Clearing cookes and cache doesn't help, neither does rebooting Chrome or resetting network. 

There's a problem with the Webplayer on Spotify's end.

Using the same internet connection, the Spotify Playstore App on my Chromebook nor the app on my Android phone have the same skip issues. 

mine stops at exactly 9 seconds and I've done everything it didn't do it a for a bit then started again and I have a Chromebook 11 3180

Hey hey @justin313320!

Thanks for reaching out this sounds odd and we'll do our best to help you out here.

Just to doublecheck, can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? 

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll need to know if this happens on all your devices and if you're using the Google play app or the web based version of Spotify.

A screen recording of what you're experiencing will be very helpful to our investigation as well.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts