Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs stop playing, app going offline

Songs stop playing, app going offline

Hi,

When playing music om my LG device I get the error ID: sp_plugin_general_error

What should I do?

The error occurs when playing music, not during start up.

2014-01-17 13.51.49.jpg
29 Replies

@Pexer wrote:

Wohooo!!! Finally I have received a fix from LG for my BP430N.

The new version is BD3.412.40305.C and they sent it to me through mail after contacting the Swedish support through phone.

The Spotify app is now working as far as I can see. No Hangs 🙂

Wow nice! Thnx for this message! Will have a look on my Blue Ray player and will reply on this topic about my experiences! Have to say I'm quite disappointed at LG for their lack of support regarding this..... Keep making promises and promises but at the end they don't do anything....

Anyway I keep you guys posted! 

@IlovePanCakes wrote:

@Pexer wrote:

Wohooo!!! Finally I have received a fix from LG for my BP430N.

The new version is BD3.412.40305.C and they sent it to me through mail after contacting the Swedish support through phone.

The Spotify app is now working as far as I can see. No Hangs 🙂

Wow nice! Thnx for this message! Will have a look on my Blue Ray player and will reply on this topic about my experiences! Have to say I'm quite disappointed at LG for their lack of support regarding this..... Keep making promises and promises but at the end they don't do anything....

Anyway I keep you guys posted! 

Hi all,

It didn't work out for me. No such update! It's becauseI have a different model Blue Ray home cinema set (HX523) 😞 😞 😞

Has it been solved for you all??

Anyone else still having troubles playing songs??

Thats so LG: Release it, then forget it....
Bu it solved it for me, the entire device is more stable with less hanging and the Spotify app is working.
Sorry for You though 😞

@Pexer wrote:
Thats so LG: Release it, then forget it....
Bu it solved it for me, the entire device is more stable with less hanging and the Spotify app is working.
Sorry for You though 😞

Thnx for your reply! I'm really happy for you things worked out eventually! Could you tell me how long it took you to achieve this? A few weeks or months? Just wondering....

Thanks again and hope it will sort out VERY soon 😀

It took approx 3weeks.
The thing is that I bought the device because its capabilities to play Spotify amongst other online services.
At first contact with lg support, just after purchase, there was no fix.

@Pexer wrote:
It took approx 3weeks.
The thing is that I bought the device because its capabilities to play Spotify amongst other online services.
At first contact with lg support, just after purchase, there was no fix.

Hi Pexer,

This is the exact ame reason I bought the set as well..... unfortunately it's already taking me more than 2 months to find a solution to this problem. Yesterday I contacted LG support by phone and they are still aware of the problem and still looking into it.

I've asked for a replacement (maybe I just have a faulty device) but the say I have to contact my reseller about this....(they send me back to LG because of my warranty) So I'm inbetween....

Anyways, just have to be patient I think..... 😞 

I have the same problem. My app is going off line even though I have payed and am a premium member.

The problem is both on my Iphone 4 and on my sonos system on my Imac at home.

What can I do?

Ilovepancakes: don't know where You live, but here in Sweden the reseller can't force You to go to the manufacturer. The deal is between you and the reseller. So: I would return it to the reseller, ask for refund referring to the conversation with LG. If they don't agree, You should ask the reseller to solve the problem for You. Also check for Spotify in the spec of the device: if it's there then the reseller is responsible for selling correct stuff to You.
Remember: the deal went down between You and the Reseller, not You and LG!
But I know: this is a time consuming process 😞

I think we've all learned what brand to not choose next time 🙂

@Pexer wrote:
Ilovepancakes: don't know where You live, but here in Sweden the reseller can't force You to go to the manufacturer. The deal is between you and the reseller. So: I would return it to the reseller, ask for refund referring to the conversation with LG. If they don't agree, You should ask the reseller to solve the problem for You. Also check for Spotify in the spec of the device: if it's there then the reseller is responsible for selling correct stuff to You.
Remember: the deal went down between You and the Reseller, not You and LG!
But I know: this is a time consuming process 😞

I think we've all learned what brand to not choose next time 🙂

Pexer,

thanks again for your reply. Really appreciate it! Here in the Netherlands I think we use the same kind of regulations regarding warranty and refunds. I think I do have to get in touch with my reseller and explain the situation. This is taking ages.... Still a week ago I contacted LG about this matter and they keep saying that their technical team is working on this. They seriously don't have clue what's going on. Furtermore i'm in between and I'm sick of waiting 😞

Thanks! Will keep you posted if you'd like!

Tak (or tac) hahaha (Thank you)!

Regards 

I have problems with LG-BDP430 with Spotify.

Ther is a Swedish update that will solve this problem.

Number: BD3.412.40305.C

Please if anyone has this update will you send it to me.

<it really is not a good idea to post email addresses here>

<if someone can help, you can exchange email via private message>

Thanks. 

Suggested posts