Announcements

[Sonos][Bug] Spotify Connect is broken

Solved!
Highlighted

[Sonos][Bug] Spotify Connect is broken

user-removed
Not applicable

Since some days, Spotify Connect is broken for my Sonos device.

When using the desktop app, I can choose my Android phone and it works (chosing desktop from phone works too), but when I choose my Sonos device it doesn’t, and continue to play music on whatever device it was playing.

Screen recording : https://gfycat.com/ZanyDamagedFreshwatereel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: [Sonos][Bug] Spotify Connect is broken

Hi, updated everything to these last versions. Did not work. Sonos helpdesk confirmed that it's a bug on the last Spotify update. We have to wait till it's solved.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted

Same here. Must be a problem between Spotify and Sonos. Spotify connect works with other devices. Sonos works with the sonos app. Also older versions from spotify doesn't work. When I connect my handy with my pc und than with Sonos it works...

Highlighted

Also experiencing this issue.

Have had some success with the following:

Updated Windows version of Spotify to "1.0.69.336.g7edcc575" (help>about spotify).

Was able to connect to Sonos speakers with updated Windows version, via the desktop app. Music played on Sonos.

Using the most recent Spotify for Android (8.4.30.688 armV7), I was then able to use spotify connect.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Same problem here, from arounf 5 days ago.

Firstly - dissapointment with spotify support, no matter what I say they refuse to admit there is a bug.  I have unplugged and reinstalled everything, often more than once, when I try and connect to Sonos on my android phone, nothing happens - not even the 'connecting ' display.

However I have an old phone I use only in bedroom - not set to auto-update, so it has an older version of spotify - and it works fine.

Anyone know please, how to install an older version of Spotify to an Androind phone?

Highlighted
Solution!

Hi, updated everything to these last versions. Did not work. Sonos helpdesk confirmed that it's a bug on the last Spotify update. We have to wait till it's solved.

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS