Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Sonos Controller v5.5 no more folders

8 people liked this

Sonos Controller v5.5 no more folders

why-hello-there
Regular

There are no more folders in the Sonos app, starting with version 5.4 and 5.5. 

According to Sonos, Spotify has changed its architecture or API. 

Please add them back in. No folders makes for a messy list of playlists. 

If I wanted that I would just go to Rdio. 

PLEASE HELP! 

22 Replies
3 people liked this

Re: Sonos Controller v5.5 no more folders

hogev
Regular
Same problem here, Sonos and Spotify are now pointing at each other. "It's not us, it's them". And no one is repairing it. The users spend hundreds of euro's, but do they care? Unbelievable!
2 people liked this

why-hello-there
Regular
I know.

One guy I talked to said they "didn't deliberately remove it (folders)." But then I think, so you just hastily ran through this update without recognizing one of the biggest features of Spotify?
2 people liked this

Pigeon1
Casual Listener
Best thing to do is mail a support question at Sonos. If they get thousands of complaints they eventually will notice.
2 people liked this

why-hello-there
Regular

Thanks Pigeon1. 

I've done that directly and on their forum (as have others). 

Sonos says they have created their own Spotify app for their system, and didn't "deliberately remove folders" but couldn't confirm adding it back in. They also blamed Spotify's new API for not supporting folders. Though, their iOS and OS app has folders. 

Spotify meanwhile said to ask Sonos, saying its their issue. 

We just need Taylor Swift to write a blog post about this. 

Highlighted
2 people liked this

jssf

This is indeed catastrophic to the Spotify music listening experience on Sonos. Many people have already complained to Sonos about this on their forums, and if Sonos' responses are to be believed the fault actually lies with Spotify's lack of API support. Though I've been very pleased with my Spotify experience to this point, it's the kind of issue that, if unaddressed, will make me look elsewhere.

2 people liked this

why-hello-there
Regular

Agreed. 

It's weird that no one from Spotify has joined in.

On the Sonos forum they are on it! 

2 people liked this

hogev
Regular
I send a mail to Sonos Support. This is what they said:

"Unfortunately it is not possible to undo the update as Spotify decides which functions they share with Sonos. Occasionally this results in some functions being available within the Spotify app but not within the Sonos app."

So they blame Spotify. I will send this message to Spotify, see how they will respond.

To be continued...
2 people liked this

hogev
Regular
Mmmm, sending a message to Spotify is not that easy. For support they just send you to this community.

So Spotify Support Team: will you please respond to my last reply: Is it your fault that we don't see the maps in Sonos anymore and if yes: when are you're going to repair this?

why-hello-there
Regular

Thanks guys! 

Also, I'd encourage everyone to tweet at @SpotifyCares

I've done so and they assured me it would be "sent to their engineers." 

Exhibit A:

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/653029382286671873

SUGGESTED POSTS