Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Sonos] Some playlists are available - and some aren't

Solved!

[Sonos] Some playlists are available - and some aren't

Hi,

I have a premium subscription and have happily linked my Spotify accoutn to my Sonos system. Most of my playlists play happily on my Mac and Sonos - but some seem to only be available on the Mac - but not Sonos. The attached image shows the spotify and sonos views to the same playlist...

Any ideas why this might be the case anyone?

Thanks,

Niels

2014-03-10 10.12.06 am.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The reason this is happening is that the album in question Peter Gabriel – Secret World Live has been removed from Spotify (it is currently showing as unavailable worldwide). My guess is, your Sonos has queried the Spotify catalogue recently and found this, hence why it can't stream the tracks from Spotify. Your desktop client on the other hand is most likely playing the tracks from data it has temporarily cached, which unfortunately is only temporary and you will probably find the tracks become unavailabe there shortly. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Are they local files (music from your computer) or from Spotify? Sonos can't play local files in playlists from Spotify.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

They aren't local files. They are 'genuine' Spotify tracks.

Weird, could you post a link to that playlist (Right click > Copy Spotify URI)? Also, what country are you in?

Peter

Peter,

I am based in the UK and here is the playlst URI: spotify:user:nielsrump:playlist:1fbattdRrmoHrr19vhjlhI

Thanks,

Niels

Marked as solution

The reason this is happening is that the album in question Peter Gabriel – Secret World Live has been removed from Spotify (it is currently showing as unavailable worldwide). My guess is, your Sonos has queried the Spotify catalogue recently and found this, hence why it can't stream the tracks from Spotify. Your desktop client on the other hand is most likely playing the tracks from data it has temporarily cached, which unfortunately is only temporary and you will probably find the tracks become unavailabe there shortly. 

Peter

Ah - thanks. Peter. Not the answer I wanted - but it makes sense.

Niels

Suggested posts