Premium

Country

UK

Device

Sonos1

Operating System

Sonos

My Question or Issue

Sonos not appearing in Spotify connect despite being able to play music from my account if i use the Sonos App.

15 Replies

Hey @butch95, thanks for getting in touch.

Let's try some things. First, restart all your devices (and speakers). Unplug the Sonos speaker and plug it back in. Then, make sure that:

• All devices are on the same WiFi network.
  • Your Spotify app is up-to-date. It's better to reinstall the app here.
  • All devices’ softwares are up-to-date. If you don't know, check with your device's manufacturer for how to update the version software.
  • If possible, try switching between different networks and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Let's try some things. First, restart all your devices (and speakers). Unplug the Sonos speaker and plug it back in. Done

Then, make sure that:

• All devices are on the same WiFi network. Done
  • Your Spotify app is up-to-date. It's better to reinstall the app here. Done
  • All devices’ softwares are up-to-date. If you don't know, check with your device's manufacturer for how to update the version software. Done
  • If possible, try switching between different networks and see if that helps. Only one network

Hey there @butch95,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

In this case, could you let us know some additional information on the device that you're trying to see Sonos on Spotify Connect from? 

Also, we'd recommend double checking the following:

• Reboot your router if you're on a WiFi connection or try with a different router
  • Connect/disconnect Sonos speakers
  • Control Sonos from Spotify is enabled (Sonos app)
  • Use logging in to your device with a different account
  • Power cycle your Sonos device
  • Test using a different device if possible, log in your Spotify account to see if the issue persists on another device
  • You aren't listening to podcasts

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

• Reboot your router if you're on a WiFi connection or try with a different router - Cabled connection
  • Connect/disconnect Sonos speakers - Done
  • Control Sonos from Spotify is enabled (Sonos app) - Enabled
  • Use logging in to your device with a different account - Different spotify account works fine!
  • Power cycle your Sonos device - Done
  • Test using a different device if possible, log in your Spotify account to see if the issue persists on another device - Persists over multiple device, e.g phone, laptop, desktop
  • You aren't listening to podcasts - No, just music.

Hey there @butch95,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this update.

In this case, could you make sure you have a registered Sonos account and Spotify added as music service on your Sonos system?

If it still does not show up in your original account, double check that you have enabled ‘Control Sonos from Spotify’ in the Sonos app under settings (this is part of the “Control Sonos from Spotify” in the Sonos app (only shows up if it is not yet enabled).

Let us know if that does the trick 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi,

I have just re-registed the spotify Service, still nothing.

I can't see any option for ‘Control Sonos from Spotify’ under settings on the Sonos app

Hey @butch95.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Given that it worked when you tried it with a different account, we suggest that you use that account instead.

To transfer everything from your old account to your new account, you can follow these steps:

1. Make sure all your playlists in your old account are set to Public. You can also make a playlist called Your Music and copy all your saved songs there.
  2. Once you've confirmed all your playlists are public, log out of your old account.
  3. For the next steps, we'd recommend using a desktop device:Log in to your new account and search for your old account's profile. You can do so by typing spotify:user:username in the search bar (you need to replace username with your old account's username).
  4. Once you've located your old account's profile page, head to the tab Public Playlists. All your playlists should be displayed there.
  5. Click on a playlist.
  6. Once you've opened that playlist, select all the songs contained in it.
  7. Right click the selected songs and click Add to Playlist > New Playlist.  This step will create a new playlist to your new account containing the same songs. You can name the playlist the same name it had on the old account if you wish, or give it a different one.
  8. Repeat for all your playlists.

Let us know how it goes, and if you need any further help, we'll be right here 🙂

Hi,

What about the fact that I pay this service and you're asking me to move to
an account with non-premuim access. Is there a technical team I can speak
to?

Hey @butch95,

Thanks for your question.

If you reach out to our Customer Support team here, they will be able to compensate you for the remaining Premium time on your old account.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions 🙂

This has now stopped working on both accounts. Who can i escalate this with?

Hey @butch95.

Thanks for getting back to us on this, and apologies for the late reply!

I know you mentioned that you only have one (cabled) network, but do you think you could try another one? You could try to create a mobile hotspot from your phone, for example.

Let us know if this is possible for you. If not, don't worry - we'll think of something else 🙂

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Still not appearing. I took the Sonos round a friend's house.

Even when on their network I can still connect to other device from MY home
eg, Echo, PC, shield TV. But no Sonos.

Hey @butch95.

Thanks for trying that out for us, we really appreciate it 🙂

Which device are you trying to connect to your Sonos from? Have you tried connecting to it from a different device? If not, could you try and let us know how it goes?

We'll be right here if you need any further help with this.

Hi Peter,

I have tried a Surface Tablet running windows 10, a Desktop PC running Windows 10 and a Huawei Mate 9 on Android 8

Hey @butch95,

There have been some changes backstage. Could you reinstall both apps and see if the issue got resolved? 

Keep us posted! 

Suggested posts