Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sonos volume way too high

Solved!

Sonos volume way too high

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

spotify on IOS and ipad pro and macbook pro -> Sonos Playbar

Operating System

spotify on IOS and ipad pro and macbook pro high sierra

My Question or Issue

When i play spotify app on any device through sonos, if set the volume 1 increment./ 'click' from muted its too soft, 2 clicks from muted its almost loud enough, 3 clicks too loud, 4 clicks ridiculous. There are what...50 clicks? Point is volume is far too high for the slider and there is no semblence of fine tuning.

I have several other devices/inputs to sonos where the volume is always fine and consistent across each other - so i cant fiddle with my sonos volume and break all those to fix spotify...spotify is the problem

Help!!

Attached screenshots are IOS high sierra app - same problem on iphone X latest version as of 8/25/18

Also i had to search/read through so many posts - tried to comment on about 8 of them and theyre all 'closed' WHY ARE YOU SHOWING ME SO MANY CLOSED/UNSOLVED QUESTIONS WITH NO LINKS TO ANSWER? Your forum is absolutely awful

imagea4rmg.png
imagef3lqs.png
imaget1t1v.png
37 Replies

Like! Kudos! Badges! #funnyifitwerentsosad

Just to keep this alive, I am still having this issue months later.

Just to keep it more alive, I'm still having it 15 months later. What a joke

same here.. has always been bad like this

please spotify  or sonos : fix this

replying to myself : EVERYONE who reads this, should forward THIS link to spotify as a complaint. Here is the full link : 

https://www.dr-lex.be/info-stuff/volumecontrols.html

Marked as solution

Hi,

Struggled with this also. For me it worked to go into the Sonos app and do the following: 

Settings -> System -> Select your speaker/speaker set -> Scroll down to "Volume Limit" and change this to something lower (in my case 30-40%). 

This rescales the volume slider in Spotify, and still seems to work fine in other apps as well at least for me. Hope this helps some people!

That... actually does help. I had to set mine down to 20%, though. Thank you for that idea!!

Wow, thanks so much. It really is the solution we were looking (and waiting) for it seems. A great new year to all SONOS/Spotify people in this thread.

Just a small totally OFF-TOPIC question to all of you: already have some listening experience with the IKEAxSONOS speakers? Worthwhile buying 2 to add to my set of 1 SONOS:5 and a BRIDGE + NAD-Amplifier to 2 B&W speakers? 🤔

Hi,

Your solution works fine in many situations, unfortunately not for me.

The behaviour of the ”Volume Limit” scale is quite strange.

My situation is that I want to use my Sonos One for quiet music when I fall asleep.

If I listen to music, where the source is different radio stations (etc. TuneIn or DKDR), the music level set to lowest selection is fine.

If I select any music from Spotify, the level is 1 to 2 steps higher (even at the lowest level).

When at the lowest volume level, the ”Volume Limit” scale does not work.

If I reduce ”Volume Limit” the music disappear.

If level is set to level 2, and I reduce ”Volume Limit” to 50%, then it will be the same as level 1. Not the kind of functionality that you would expect.

I have lost faith in Sonos, they will never solve this issue.

I really hope, that Spotify will reduce their volume level to match all other music sources.

How can this issue be marked as solved? The solution mentioned is just a workaround for a problem that needs to be fixed.

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We currently have an Ongoing Issue abut this behavior that we're looking into. You can vote for it here, if you haven't already. You can also follow the steps provided under Status Update.    

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

Hope this is helpful and don't to reach out to the Community if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I completely agree. Also, the linked ongoing issue is not quite the same as what's happening here. I do not experience the random volume fluctuations like that poster.

Hey @hifirestone

Thanks for your message. 

Could you send over a video where we can take a better look at what happens? This will help us investigate further. 

You can send a link to it or attach it to your next response to us by using the Insert Video option in the post editor.

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the exact same issue. Setting the Sonos volume limit to 20% works for me.

Almost 4 years after original post it is not fixed. 

This finally solved what has been a months long crisis.  Thank you so much!

Please add a dislike button to this forum so we can dislike every moderator ost for 6 years ignoring the problems, ignoring the user posted examples, answering different problems, wasting everyone’s time entirely 

What exactly is the fix? I still have this problem. Volume 1 is way too loud. (Spotify on ios > Sonos Amp) if I set volume limit to 50% then Volume step 1 is not working any more and volume step 2 is even louder. Etc

Suggested posts