Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sony AV STR-DN1060 receiver has Spotify Connect but apps don't see it

Solved!

Sony AV STR-DN1060 receiver has Spotify Connect but apps don't see it

So I bought the latest Sony AV receiver, the Sony 1060, which has bluetooth, Airplay and all kinds of services including Spotify Connect.

However, all desktops, Ipads and Android devices refuse to see the device for use with Spotify Connect. What's going on here? All devices are on the same network. Airplay works fine which proves that they're in the same subnet.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Domewodka, I just spoke to the Sony product managers. Spotify Connect is coming to this receiver early July. It hasn't been cancelled. It seems like they gave you the wrong information. Did Sony support tell you this?

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Same here. Google Play Music works fine

Sony let me know they've cancelled Spotify Connect support for their 2015 receivers, even though the specs said it would support it.

I don't want to go to Google Play but somehow feel I'm forced to.

Marked as solution

Domewodka, I just spoke to the Sony product managers. Spotify Connect is coming to this receiver early July. It hasn't been cancelled. It seems like they gave you the wrong information. Did Sony support tell you this?

Hi, it indeed was Sony support that told me all the websites were wrong, including theirs; the Sony 1060 would not support Spotify Connect.

Let's hope this July a fw update will fix this, thanks!

I'm glad (and sort of terrified) that only Sony support got it wrong. See you in July!

See here for more info on firmware upgrades.

Cheers

Nico

Head of Communities Europe

Sony Europe LTD

Well it July and spotify connect still won't work on my 1060, I have to fully reset my amp eg clear everything them set it all back up then spotify connect will find it. But it you turn amp off and back on again it won't find it I have to start the process off resetting again. Help anyone please.

me too...my dn1060 also cannot connect sportify even after firmware update.

Suggested posts