Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sony SRS-X99 Not Showing Under Spotify Connect

Sony SRS-X99 Not Showing Under Spotify Connect

I got my Sony SRS-X99 yesterday and the only way to get Spotify working is over Bluetooth.

If I start Spotify using the icon in the Sony Songpal app it just says it's disconnecting Bluetooth, which it does, and then the audio just plays on my phone.

At no point does the bloody speaker show up under spotify connect devices...anyone seen/fixed this issue?
5 Replies

Seems to be a general problem with connect right now at least on Denon Martin could be the same on Sony. Really annoying

Seems to be a general problem with connect right now at least on Denon Martanz could be the same on Sony. Really annoying

Same problem here using spotify connect. I can see it attempts to connect spotify via wifi but going back to phone mode without achieving contact. I receive no error message. It just does not working.

I found through SongPal that my firmware was in fact out of date even
though it's meant to auto update. When I did a manual USB update of the
firmware Spotify Connect started working straight away...although other
issues related to the X99 and reconnecting to WiFi still remain.

No - Spotify Connect still does not work on my Sony SRS-x99. I have the latest firmware update and my android devices connected to the same network as SRS-x99. I can select SRS-x99 in the "Connect to a device" in Spotify but it will not connect and return to the device trying to connect after a few seconds.

Not really a big problem for me since I now can play Tidal HIFI via LDAC (in lossless) from my Sony Xperia devices. For the rest of the family, by contrast, the ability to choose Spotify Connect will be so beneficial that it had been worth continuing our Spotify subscription.

Suggested posts