Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spority app does not obey storage setting on Windows 10 Mobile

Solved!

Spority app does not obey storage setting on Windows 10 Mobile

The spority app on windows 10 does not obey the storage setting for music - and is hogging valuable high speed space in the internal storage. Nor is there any custom setting inside the app.

Please obey the system setting, or provide own custom setting inside app.

Regards,

Stefan

wp_ss_20160603_0003.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The music setting is only really for internet downloads and music downloads through the store / Groove. If you want the Spotify music to be sored on the SD card, you need to install or move the whole app onto your SD Card. Spotify stores its music within its app, and not within the file explorer, as this would make it easier to copy out copyrighted files. Because of this, the music is downloaded to where the app is installed.

You can easily move the app by selecting it within the This Device section of Storage Usage.

On my Lumia 650 running W10M, the app and all it's music is on my SD card, and the app uses no space on my device.

Hope this helps 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

The music setting is only really for internet downloads and music downloads through the store / Groove. If you want the Spotify music to be sored on the SD card, you need to install or move the whole app onto your SD Card. Spotify stores its music within its app, and not within the file explorer, as this would make it easier to copy out copyrighted files. Because of this, the music is downloaded to where the app is installed.

You can easily move the app by selecting it within the This Device section of Storage Usage.

On my Lumia 650 running W10M, the app and all it's music is on my SD card, and the app uses no space on my device.

Hope this helps 🙂

Awesome! That did the trick!

/S

Suggested posts