Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify 3.0 Update - Windows Phone

Spotify 3.0 Update - Windows Phone

Hurraahhh! Spotify has been updated to 3.0. Great news!

However... still no free listening? I don't get it, is there a reason why this can't be done?

How hard is it to have a level playing field for the 3 major phone OS's?

43 Replies

I apologise if these have been answered elsewhere, but could someone tell me if this new update:

a) now streams at 320Kbps?

b) allows sharing of playlists to other Spotify users (in app, not via Facebook)?

c) Has gapless playback?

d) Allow integration of your own library on your phone into playlists and search results?

Many thanks.

a) yes

b) no

c) no (I have not discovered any such setting)

d) no (I have not discovered any such option)

Thank you.

a) was the main killer for me - I'll look at getting back on the Spotify train just for that. Deezer is good, but it ain't Spotify.
The gapless playback is something I have learned to live without, but it would be really nice. The other two features would just be a bonus.

The new app need this: 

- Send songs to other user via Spotify
- Answer messages via Spotify

and something that should have been there from the start: 

SORTING OF SONGS in playlist. I'm tired of scrolling down to the bottom to get the newest songs. 

Other than that it works a lot better.

I solved problem by loging in using spotify account with spotify password that was created for me by support as I never had a spotify account before, since day one only used facebook to access it.

Need: ASP.NET, Azure and other skills? Talk to me, looking for projects sized 4 months and longer

You should also be able to log in with your facebook account, after you setup a Facebook "app password" (in your settings, security section).  This generates a special password locked to a specific app like Spotify, e.g. KDFJK347A.  Then, when you log into Spotify, you use the email address that you use for Facebook, and the newly created app password.  Worked for me.

It does seem that gapless playback is implemented. The new Gruff Rhys album has a short intro that then leads into the second track - and it does so seamlessly. On Deezer there was a definate, jarring gap. Very pleased with this.

On my UK based Nokia running 8.1 with region set to US for Cortana I get the following message when I start Spotify, sometimes. I can't recall the exact phrase but it is something like - "the spotify app started with some unknown options this will be ignored and the app will be started normally". The app then starts, well, normally. Anybody else get this?

This worked for me, finally. I tried it last night and spotify would give me a "unknown error". Tried it this morning with a new app password and it worked fine.

Yep, gapless playback in this update. Very pleased with the improvements. Super ! Keep up the good work !

This is so much better than the previous version and I thank you for that. Now I just need last.fm scrobbling and then I'm satisfied. 

This is a great update IMHO, sure it's still missing several really great features such as sharing to other Spotify users, Free listening and LastFM Scrobbling, but it's a great step forward from the mediocre app we have had till this date, hope it keeps improving.

Seems I posted in the wrong thread. But it applies to both versions: Please add sorting/filtering to playlists. I am not able to understand why this has been left out in the first place. Scrolling through 1000+ tracks is not a fun task. Do your iOS/Android pets have that function?

The interface is cool but the functionality is crude. You can't select all your albums to sync for offline use. The slide button sucks, a press toggle is much easier. And finally, I've lost all my offline music after updating to 3.0.0.1. So I synced again but after a phone restart, the offline music are not playable but checking my phone's space - the unplayable files are consuming my sd card. Totally weird. Then I go online, Spotify is downloading again all my playlist, it's like a never ending loop of syncing music. Bummer. How I wish I didn't update to 3.0.0.1. 😞

@TheRem

@TheRem wrote:
The interface is cool but the functionality is crude. You can't select all your albums to sync for offline use. The slide button sucks, a press toggle is much easier. And finally, I've lost all my offline music after updating to 3.0.0.1. So I synced again but after a phone restart, the offline music are not playable but checking my phone's space - the unplayable files are consuming my sd card. Totally weird. They I go online, Spotify is downloading again all my playlist, it's like a never ending loop of syncing music. Bummer. How I wish I didn't update to 3.0.0.1. 😞

Do you have apps set to save on the SD-Card in WP8.1?

I also lose all my music when the app quits from the background. The Spotify-app and all music are on the SD card. I also lose all the settings for the music quality when the app closes.

Everything else seems to work fine. The same problem was also on the first version 3.0.0.0.

Please give us a chance to decide how much we want this app to cache some old songs. After few hours listening Spotify eats 400 Mb, so what about after a week? 5 Gb? Now i'll have to reinstall this regularly.

Would it be possible?

@DryMarker ...Yes. Almost all my apps (including Spotify) are install on the SD Card.

I wasn't able to roam with Spotify (all other apps work with 3G & 4G) since a few months.  I discovered today that with Spotify 3.0 I'm not even able to listen to downloaded songs offline... Grmbl... Grmbl...

Some really annoying problems with new version what I have noticed.

1. I lost all offline lists (seems to be the same for all users?)

2. Crashes sometimes (old version was not this bad)

3. Quick buttons won't work at all occasionally (no problems with older versions)

4. Sometimes after screen goes black and I "wake up" the phone again spotify is closed and I have to scroll the f#¤¤ing playlist again.

5. And they still didn't do anything for playlist scrolling (so slow to scroll 500 songs)

6. Much more problems with streaming than with previous version

And this 3.0 has still almost all the problems what previous versions had. I'm so disappointed that I updated to this version. Luckily I have older version with my other Lumia so I can use it for now.

Translations are funny in some cases 😃  (Quality = normal, high and very powerful 😃

Phone is Lumia 920

Let's just wait for a new update. I already uninstalled my Spotify app and just soundtripping offline on my desktop Spotify.

Suggested posts