Spotify 3.0 Update - Windows Phone

Re: Spotify 3.0 Update - Windows Phone

Mr_K
Regular

I apologise if these have been answered elsewhere, but could someone tell me if this new update:

a) now streams at 320Kbps?

b) allows sharing of playlists to other Spotify users (in app, not via Facebook)?

c) Has gapless playback?

d) Allow integration of your own library on your phone into playlists and search results?

Many thanks.

peak
Music Fan

a) yes

b) no

c) no (I have not discovered any such setting)

d) no (I have not discovered any such option)

Mr_K
Regular

Thank you.

a) was the main killer for me - I'll look at getting back on the Spotify train just for that. Deezer is good, but it ain't Spotify.
The gapless playback is something I have learned to live without, but it would be really nice. The other two features would just be a bonus.

Tafsern
Regular

The new app need this: 

- Send songs to other user via Spotify
- Answer messages via Spotify

and something that should have been there from the start: 

SORTING OF SONGS in playlist. I'm tired of scrolling down to the bottom to get the newest songs. 

Other than that it works a lot better.

sala
Casual Listener

I solved problem by loging in using spotify account with spotify password that was created for me by support as I never had a spotify account before, since day one only used facebook to access it.

Need: ASP.NET, Azure and other skills? Talk to me, looking for projects sized 4 months and longer

TimInPA
Regular

You should also be able to log in with your facebook account, after you setup a Facebook "app password" (in your settings, security section).  This generates a special password locked to a specific app like Spotify, e.g. KDFJK347A.  Then, when you log into Spotify, you use the email address that you use for Facebook, and the newly created app password.  Worked for me.

Mr_K
Regular

It does seem that gapless playback is implemented. The new Gruff Rhys album has a short intro that then leads into the second track - and it does so seamlessly. On Deezer there was a definate, jarring gap. Very pleased with this.

On my UK based Nokia running 8.1 with region set to US for Cortana I get the following message when I start Spotify, sometimes. I can't recall the exact phrase but it is something like - "the spotify app started with some unknown options this will be ignored and the app will be started normally". The app then starts, well, normally. Anybody else get this?

_Lunchbox_
Casual Listener

This worked for me, finally. I tried it last night and spotify would give me a "unknown error". Tried it this morning with a new app password and it worked fine.

koenc
Music Fan
Yep, gapless playback in this update. Very pleased with the improvements. Super ! Keep up the good work !

The-Antipop
Regular

This is so much better than the previous version and I thank you for that. Now I just need last.fm scrobbling and then I'm satisfied. 

SUGGESTED POSTS