Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App on LG WebOS TV

Spotify App on LG WebOS TV

Spotify app is now unavailable on LG WebOS TVs. Are there any plans for it to make a comeback updated or should I find a new way to listen to Spotify on my TV?
184 Replies

really disapionted in this. Come'on Spotify, get with the program.

Just cast from your phone or get a Chromecast for twenty quid.

Honestly people, first world problems...

But I don't want to use an external device connected to my TV set. That was the main reason for me to buy a new "smart" LG TV that came bundled with a Spotify app.

Still very disappointed at Spotify that we don't get an official answer to why they removed the app.

I also bought LG TV and I was under impression that it's supporting Spotify. I was surprised to see that the app wasn't there.

It is a bummer, but I was going to get Chromecast anyway since I like to cast using Google home anyway.

I just bought a new LG TV this weekend to replace my very old and small "not-smart" TV and was very exited to ditch my docking station for iPod / phone and enjoy Spotify and Netflix properly on the big screen, but now.... I ended up being very surprised and what I'm actually ditching is Spotify itself. So very disappointed by your approach! Switching to Deezer.

Why have the app for WebOS then remove it...Spotify going backwards in technology. Can see myself going elsewhere. 

Main apps I use on my LG WebOS TV are Netflix, YouTube and Spotify, this is the only one missing !

I can’t believe how primitive spotify has been,first lyrics were removed and now this? I’m canceling my sub right now. Baiii~ 

I too bought a brand new LG TV and found out that the outdated Spotify App is not available anymore. May I suggest that you invest a bit in your development team? When can we expect Spotify to be available again?

Would spotify release an announcement on this already?  FFS....

6 month after what new? Uhm nothing..... really disappointed

I have a LG TV too and recently bought a home system to listen some music on my living room... I have the Premium Family account and cannot listen my music at my new sound system. To my surprise I have installed the Deezer and I'm very satisfied with the service. The device support is better, the mobile app is better and all music that I have at Spotify I have found on Deezer. No more reason to keep my Spotify account. Thanks and good luck with next losses.

This is really bad support from LG. Half year later, still no Spotify, while this is an app used by many people. Not even an hint if it will come back or not.

For me, never LG anymore. Paid 1800 Euro's for a TV which is not even able to have an app, which can be found back on 300 euro TV's.

Only one more year, then selling this TV again to back to Sony.

The app used to work fine! What was the stupid reason for this?!

Ohh, I see that it´s not interesting to spotify. I´ll movo to deezer. Bye

TRULY astounding that today, 2018, LG system isn't compatible with Spotify.  Really?  I'm not sure who's to blame, but to both Spotify and LG -- SHAME on you both.  Greedy?  Maybe.  **bleep** holes, absolutely.

The worst thing is that Spotify doesn't give us new information about bringing the app back or not.

I would really appreciate a date for the new version... maybe there is no new version.

Seriously - what is this nonsense

Sort out the app Spotify!

Im considering as well moving to Deezer

I don't think spotify is coming back to LG TV's any time soon It might be a money issue or the company is lazy enough to not hire codders for WebOS who know's..

Suggested posts