Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App on LG WebOS TV

Spotify App on LG WebOS TV

Spotify app is now unavailable on LG WebOS TVs. Are there any plans for it to make a comeback updated or should I find a new way to listen to Spotify on my TV?
184 Replies

I'm so glad that many of you are able to get the application back!

However, I am in the USA, but I don't see it on my LG Content Store.

Is anyone else in the USA able to install it yet?

(I tried searching on the magic remote, and I got an error that said, "Content is unavailable.")

Couldn't find the app here.
Is it going to webos 2?
I'm from Brazil!

Hi! I'm from Argentina and finally i can install this app :D.
I found it in LG Store. You must select "All" on the left panel and choose "Entertainment" (sorry if the name of menus are different, 'cause my TV is in spanish). There is an app called "Spotify[...]" with a black and white logo. Ta Da! it's done! when you'll try to access to the app, it will prompt to open or update. Click on update and enjoy!

Sorry for my english!

EDIT: I have webOS 3.3.3-4202. My Smart TV is 43UH6500-SB 

I can't find Spotify App in LG Content Store... I've got LG TV 32LF632V with WebOS 2.0 and I am from Poland...

For a while I find Spotify App but now is gone, while I tryed to install it then message appear: Apps3depth.001

Hello. I am from Norway and I also have problems with Spotify on my new Lg smart tv. I find the app Spotify music- Listen free on LG tv, I download successful, I can log in but the only i see on the screen is the icon- browse- your music - search- upgrade and finally my picture/ icon. Nothing more shows up. Try to search but nothing. What did I do wrong? I have paid subscription for many years now. 

Please,

Can anyone tell if this is going to work on WebOS 2 and if the app should appear for brazilian users?

Hey,

I guess you have logged in with PIN code. Try to login with Spotify Connect or username/password . That worked for me!

//S

Hi,

Application is available for webos 3.0 or higher. 

//S

I’m from Argentina, I’m using LG WebOS 2 and the app is working good

How about the application for other LG tv:s, like the one with NetCast instead of webOS? I'm still waiting. Thanks a lot! 

I am in the US, just downloaded the app, and it’s somehow even worse than before.  Your only options are “browse”, “Your Music”, and “search”.  And of course, NONE OF THEM ACTUALLY WORK.  So incredibly frustrated.

Hey, 

Use any other login methods than PIN for now!

Okay I just logged out, and logged back in by a method other than the PIN one, and now the app works.  What kind of show isSpotify running over there????

thanks for the tip, works now!!

Frikinsweet

What about for those with LG WebOS TV’s that can’t be upgraded to webOS 3.0 and up? Does Spotify expect us to buy a new TV?! If that’s the case I give up on Spotify, I am fed up of paying for a service that removes features, and apps that work perfectly fine. 

I just searched using the voice remote and found it - joy!

UK. LG55B6V

Where are you from, what is your tv and WebOS version?

Hey @stratosnn,

Any plans of bringing back the WebOS 2.0 Spotify version or porting the WebOS 3.0 Spotify to WebOS 2.0?

Hi guys! 

I finally decided to install Spotify on our TV but after logging in, all I see is the menu at the top and everything below that is empty. Doesn't matter if I click Browse or My Music, nothing shows up. Any idea why? Thanks!

Hey,

Answer is 7 posts above. Login with something else rather than PIN.

/S

Suggested posts