Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App on LG WebOS TV

Spotify App on LG WebOS TV

Spotify app is now unavailable on LG WebOS TVs. Are there any plans for it to make a comeback updated or should I find a new way to listen to Spotify on my TV?
184 Replies

For everyone who thinks that Spotify app was removed from 2015 year LG TV models for no reason - I assure you there is a good reason for this action. It's neither in Spotify nor in LG interest to treat their users that way and limit addressable market. I'm pretty sure it is either legal or combination of technical/legal reasons that led to this.

@stratosnn wrote:

For everyone who thinks that Spotify app was removed from 2015 year LG TV models for no reason - I assure you there is a good reason for this action. It's neither in Spotify nor in LG interest to treat their users that way and limit addressable market. I'm pretty sure it is either legal or combination of technical/legal reasons that led to this.

@stratosnn:

Do you know if Spotify or LG are attempting to resolve the potential legal or technical issue?  It was working fine, and we've been waiting for a while.  Thanks.

I have an LG 49UH640v (buyed in 2016 summer) with webOS 03.15.55. (I think this is webOS 3.0)

The new Spotify app doesn’t show up, neither in premium section. My TV is not supported or what?

I don't have any problem to accept they removed the app IF there is an adequate reason. But no-one knows. The silence from Spotify is pretty much complete, and that is no less than provocative. My TV was pretty new (and a **bleep** expensive topmodel) when they removed it, now when the have reapplied it it is for newer OS than what I have. My #3 argument to use alot of money on this TV was to get apps like Spotify. All other apps is still there, just more finetuned than when I started using them. I know for sure LG's developer team is fine to work with, at least no worse than other brands teams. So I'm convinced that the reason must be something in control by Spotify. I still use Spotify, but I had to invest in a new thingy to connect to my stereo to replace a perfectly working solution.

LG support have confirmed to me that Spotify will NOT be returning to LG TV's.

Another corporation to cross of the list (and 3 LG TV's to get rid of).

Suggested posts