Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App on LG WebOS TV

Spotify App on LG WebOS TV

Spotify app is now unavailable on LG WebOS TVs. Are there any plans for it to make a comeback updated or should I find a new way to listen to Spotify on my TV?
184 Replies

I've found that Deezer has much better support for multiple platforms, including WebOS. So the only solution is to migrate to Deezer.

If you want to raise further awareness on this issue, you can upvote this reddit post,

https://www.reddit.com/r/hometheater/comments/7urh57/smarttvs_spotify_and_webos/

Same for me, bought an LG TV today, so many things to consider when purchasing a new TV, this one didn’t come to my mind...had to find out few hours later at home that this is the situation. Very disappointing and sad..maybe moving to Deezer after checking the comments!

Disappointing, yes I agree, but still no reason to toss away a good TV or to change to the dark side 😉

If you really want to use Spotify on your TV, get a Chromecast for instance. Used ones can be found for 10€.

Time to move to deezer..

Bye bye spotify..

I'm using LG TV. Please solve the problem.

Really difficult to understand not having the app... and even more the lack of information from Spotify on time frames and real reason... you do not retire one version and wait months until an "improved" one is available.. just keep the old one available until you have the new ones.. this is just non-sense.. unless there are other issues (licensing...or whatever...)

Bought my LG thinking it had spotify support. I wouldnt be that annoyed if the TV never had this app but the fact it was pullled is just annoying. There must be a reason behind the scenes that the general public arent seeing. Did Samsung bid higher. ? 

Has anyone been able to find it on their LG tv disappointed to dizzer on their. It's free as well. Same sort of platform. 

Many many months ago we were led to believe this was a temporary issue and Spotify would be returning natively on TVs. I have a good TV AV system on which I can not access Spotify, regretfully I will drop membership and move to deezer who do support LG webos3.

I might have to do the same, plus it's free.

It's going to take a few hours to sort out my music. Keep reading that
there is no option not in the near future to bring Spotify back on lg so
might have to make that switch myself.

Posting again just to voice my frustration. I originally posted back in July about this issue. I can't believe there has been no action, not even a statement from Spotify on the status of this. I have been a member of Spotify for over six years but this is incredibly disappointing, will start looking at other options.

I'm migrating my music library from Spotify to Deezer, as lots of people may be doing the same, is there a tutorial available to guide us through the process?

Just google “Spotify to Deezer”. There’s a lot of web apps. I created a playlist on Spotify with all of my songs, and then imported to Deezer with spotizr I think...

Same problem. Please give us the application back as soon as possible! No other connection works.

It's almost March 2018 and still no information from Stotify about their app on LG TV....

I've been trying Amazon music unlimited on a months free trial. So far it's ok, some things are better, others not, overall I'm thinking of jumping ship.

Samsung managed to agree terms with Spotify. Disappointing to say the
least. Deeza is looking promising.

I've bought a LG smart tv last month and I'm so disappointed about the impossibility to install Spotify on my TV. 2018 guys.. this is insane really

I just bought an LG TV and not having the Spotify app for WebOS is a total downer 😞

Just buy a Chromecast, trust me it's much better than having a separate app on the TV.

Suggested posts