Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect DOES NOT WORK with Denon-avr-x2300W

Spotify Connect DOES NOT WORK with Denon-avr-x2300W

I normally never write complains or on any forums but I am very dissapointed in the Spotify Connect and I got used  (till now) to good products from Spotify. I read about all these problems with various receivers (not only Denon I have mentioned in the title) and here I hope my new model should be fine... Of course... I was too fast thinking that problem reported by so many users was properly addressed.

I have tried many various suggestions and so called by Spotify moderators 'Solutions' but it does not work... Currently the only way for me to listen music from Spotify on my receiver, is via AirPlay on my IPad.

Some technical details:
- I have DENON-AVR-X2300W and Spotify Premium acount.

- Denon connected via Ethernet (through a switch).

- network report on Denon says there are no problems

- Sometimes Spotify Connects to the Denon (green bar in the bottom) and it says it plays but there is no sound via receiver and control does not work properly or at all 

- Yes, I did try directly connecting to a router but I had exactly the same problems.

- Yes, I also tried via WiFi with receiver standing next to a router and here as well was not working properly. 

- All other online services from Denon are working properly (Internet Radio, Youtube sound streaming etc)

The only thing that is not fine is Spotify (or Spotify Connect).

One of the websites/topics suggested that if you have special characters in your user name Spotify Connect will not work properly. In my user name there is a '_' does it mean I am doomed to switch to some other music sources? If that is indeed an issue could you please let me know how to change my user name (and I am not talking about the forum one). If I follow suggestions from that website Suport Service should contact me on that matter, is that true?

Would be an amazing Xmas gift if you guys manage to solve OUR annoying ISSUE... or at least let me know if there are any plans to pick it up. 

Cheers

28 Replies

Totally agree. Mine works from time to time but still not stable.

my Denon avr-x1300w also stopped working after getting a firmware update. I tried everything beside factory reset. My mobile sees the avr, but after pushing the button, it just tries to sync, but nothing happens and the avr disappears from the menu. I asked the cs for help, but got the already classic answers like log out/in from spotify, turn off the modem and avr, try both button pushs. 

Fixed it by switching off DHCP and manually setting the IP on the receiver. Also paired the MAC address to the IP on the router and increased the lease time to 1 week.

Force closing Spotify and relaunching it makes it detect the receiver now.

I found the solution !!  If you have good router like Asus, just go to lan settings---DHCP, there is a list that you can choose your devices in to it, out side of DHCP because Spotify and Iphones doesnt like DHCP at all !!  Just choose your Denon on that list and you got automatically own address on Denon. This works and no problem !!!  Go to the Denon network setting and choose DHCP "on" and leavit like that way.  Your router is everything and Denon doesnt like poor routers. 

Hi, thank you.
I found solution too, I have to start the music on spotify on my phone first, before connecting with avr. When I try to connect with avr first to play the music afterwards, it doesn't connect at all.

Hi guys,

I also have found a solution to this problem. I have noticed that each time I follow this procedures Spotify comes on.
Start Denon, press music online on the remote. Then switch on Spotify connect on the iPhone or iPad.
Works every time

I will try the solution with DHCP on the router.

Just unboxed my Denon AVR-X1300W and was having the same problem where Spotify Connect could see the AVR, but selecting it would only come back with "Connecting..." , then eventually timeout without connecting. Starting music playback on my Galaxy S6 first and then connecting worked.

Yes, my spotify app newly prompts me to play the music first and then to choose the avr to connect with. My other problem is, volume from TV is mostly low - old movies on youtube. When I forget this, volume from spotify is very high and it always tries to destruct my appartment:-)

Exact same problem here, and I too have a '_' in my username as you can tell... Amazing. It all worked fine until today. The last Spotify update was from Wednesday and today is Friday so I don't believe in that cause and effect.

Suggested posts