Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect: Denon Connection Loss (Network Restart)

Solved!

Spotify Connect: Denon Connection Loss (Network Restart)

hello, i have the following problem. 

Since few days i cannot use spotify connect to my denon receiver (4100w) anymore.

The  connection itself works and it plays music for 1 second, but immediately after connect it seems the receiver loses network connection and restarts the service.

before I never had any problems. No changes in my network, firmware or receiver settings. Only spotifuggle version is new.

tried to reboot everything, set static ip to receiver, reinstalled spotify on mobile and pc, no solution.

please help, I'm not able to use it anymore 😞

Br, sebastian.

133 Replies

Yeah, we know. Still there is no more details about that 😞

Spoke to denon today. They acknowledge there is a problem. No eta on a solution yet

i have the same problem with the newest windows spotify version.

Symptoms: sometimes my receiver (denon AVR-X1100W) wont play, stops playing after a few seconds or after the whole title.

it happens only when i use the windows desktop app.

Windows APP Version: 1.0.12.161.g64b0797c

with the spotify iphone app (version 3.7.0.1100) i have absolutely no problem and it works like it is supposed to.

i think some updates were faulty and now spotify connect isnt working properly.

hacki

Pioneer SC-2023

firmware version 1-148-020-015-107

trying from both Ipad and Iphone to use Spotiy Connect.

Always telling me spotify connect available butcannot connect.

available on network but nothing happens when touching the Spotiy Connect button.

Spotify app version 3.7.0.1100

Can You please check this with your tech people?

the problem has lasted for a month now.

Regards,

Ove

They fix it :D. In Italy.

Not in Sweden they haven't 😞

I also have the Denon 6900w in California. It worked great for about 2 months through my I phone and the last 5 or 6 days I have not stopped scratching my head & trying to find a fix.
Only thing I have not done us pull the power out of the back which I will stand up and lean over system and do right now............ Hold on. Ok I went and pulled plug now I'm waiting for projector to come back on and I will run my last test before I give up. I'm in video production so it makes me want to fix it but sometimes your better off getting some ice cream & enjoy the night. Ok the projector is back on. (I turned the ICTP in settings back on, that is how I had success for 2 months until last week. ). And I still get an ERROR on the 3rd check mark. It bites hard after a week of tests to give up and leave it to the pros at Denon and Spotify. Word on the street says that a music Moguel may have had the main frame at Spotify hacked, kind of like an AntiNapster from the future like in the Netflix show The 4400. Someone in the music industry paid huge money to sabotage Spotify which compromised some high end amplifier connections. I heard spotify is flying some techs in from Finland & Germany cause this kind of hack is eating away at Spotify's entire existence. There trying to be low key about it but from what industry insiders are saying this may well finish off Spotify and there goal to be guardians of all music around the globe. Most artist are joining them but the few holding out have some serious weapons. This hack may be fixed in time but rest assured that the Antinapster is just now sending this as a foreshadowing of things to come. As I type this thousands of owners are confused trying to fix there Amps. Routers, etc are being returned by the hundreds. I know 2 people who already took their amps back this week cause they heard that the hacks will continue until the entire system is sabotaged. The hackers main goal is to bring Spotify down, that's why Spotify is unable to give any information as to what happened. They sell amps that have a Spotify logo blazed upon it yet they are unable to secure their treasure chest of the worlds greatest music. You can bet that other hackers see this as a big pig ready to for pork. I love my Denon s900w and was lucky enough to get 2 months of clean play Ftom my I phone spotify app wireless to the Denon. But now I must face the cold reality, that it's time to go get that ice cream, I give up.

Linebreak is your friend 🙂

LOL 😉

Here it is working again too!

Marantz NR1605.

The Netherlands.

Glad it is solved.

I was too early. I was only able to play a few songs.  When I changed the album, the Reconnecting problem occurred again.

Conclusion: not solved yet. 😞

Spotify Update on my Android Device to 3.5.0.963 seemed to successfully fix the problem, but after serveral songs the problem started again.

Some songs are playing, some not. Really strange behaviour. On Album change it often chrashes.

Ok. Just tested a bit.

It seems, that only special songs causes the Receiver to crash. It is possible to retest it:

Lot of songs are playing well and some causes a crash.

Please try to verify....

I for example testet it as the following:

1. Play Song: Dream Theater - Panic Attack

2. Connect to Receiver

3. Everything is ok

4. Change Song to: The Weeknd - Can't feel my face   -> ok

5. Back to Dream Theater Song: Burning my soul ---> ok

6: Try to play song: Dream Theater - False Awakening Suite  --> CRASH

Please try this and find sone other songs ...Maybe it helps to verify....

I have tested the following songs:

Pyramids - Noonie Bao

Terrence Loves You - Lana Del Rey

9 Shots - 50 Cent

Willing & Able - Disclosure

Nearly forgot m broken heart - Chris Cornell

I'm your man - Bon Jovi

Sweet Child o` Mine - Guns`n`Roses

Patience - Guns`n`Roses

Do it again - Röyksopp

Melancholia - Eva & Manu

Empty - Eva & Manu

False awakening suite - Dream Theater

Enigma Machine - Dream Theater

All songs played ok.

Have also played different playlists, with no problems.

What's a Spotify Rock Star

, and how do I become one?

Seems like it is working! ❤️

That would be great! 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star

, and how do I become one?

Well. seems as it WAS working.. 😄

Just tested a couple of times, Spotify Connect seems to be working again. My situation:

Denon CEOL N9

iPhone 6 with iOS 8

I did not do any extensive testing, will do that tomorrow and post back here. The Denon support site does not mention a solution yet, so this could all be coincidence.

If anybody else can report that things are back to normal, that is appreciated.

I did some quick testing. Looks that it is working again.

More extensive testing tomorrow...

The Netherlands.

Marantz NR1605.

No changes for me yesterday evening.

Some songs are working, some not.

I think it could be a server side problem. I don't think its the app itself. Neither the on on the remote, nor the one on the Receiver.

Probably there is an error in the server software and they startet to fix it. I depends on which server your song is stored if you have a problem or not.

I'll make some more tests this afternoon. Maybe I can find out a server IP where the problem occurs for me.

PS: It's no streaming from Mobile to Receiver as some people said. If the receiver is once connected, you don't need your mobile anymore. It just for initiating the connection and transmitting the login data.

Suggested posts