Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect - Not able to play through my account via several devices (iPhone and laptop)

Solved!

Spotify Connect - Not able to play through my account via several devices (iPhone and laptop)

Dear all,

I have a Philips SW700M (certified Spotify Connect speaker) and this has worked fine the last weeks with my iPhone and Laptop (via desktop).

Currently I have problems to play music from my iPhone via Spotify Connect on the speaker.

Spotify connect sees the speaker, tries to connect and even kicks out another user if present, but it will not play.

It shows that the Spotify Connect icon searching, but the icon doesn't become green.

Strange thing is that when I connect my laptop to the same network I have the same problem.

The system shows the Spotify Connect speaker, also tries to connect, but then the icon will not turn green.

Other spotify users (with their own account) in my home do not have any problem connecting to the speaker via Spotify Connect.

Therefore I wonder if something is wrong in my Spotify account?

Actions already done;

- Back to factory settings of the speaker

- Removed the iPhone app on my phone and reinstalled

Nothing of the above helped.

Does somebody have another idea?

Thanks for the help!

Kind regards,

Bas

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sombody did something as now it is working again!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I have the same issue. Spotify Connect didn't work since 30.4.15 - not on Phillips SW700M, Yamaha RX477 etc.. Also it is strange, that you can play on every client (IPAD, Iphone, PC, Andorid) with the same account simultaneous, what normally only works, if you use offline modus. So I think Spotify have a big problem and not your or my setup.

But Spotify didn't announced any issue on there support website - maybe the reason is, they want to go to the stock exchange in next time.

Would be kind, if they solve the problem.

At this point I realize to buy loudspeaker with only Spotify connect wasn't (may be)  the best solution - if the SW700M could also be connect via Airplay, I could use them at least with the iphone / ipads.... But I think that's the prize we have to paid to have everything from the cloud...

Same issue here, with a gramafon player supporting spotify connect. I tried:

- Reinstalling spotify on mac and iphone

- Selecting different wireless network

- Resetting the gramafon

Nothing works...

But when I'm logging in on the very same system with my friends spotify account is all of a sudden works!!!!

Please help.

Same Problem...

Marked as solution

Sombody did something as now it is working again!

Suggested posts