Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect (desktop app) support for Harman Kardon Aura

Solved!

Spotify Connect (desktop app) support for Harman Kardon Aura

I've been trying to find a solution to my problem, in vain.

I own a Harman Kardon Aura speaker which, according to www.spotifygear.com, is a supported device for Spotify Connect purposes.

And indeed, when it comes to sending music from portable devices (iPhone, iPad or any other Android device), everything works quite flawlessly. 

However, sending music from Spotify's desktop application appears to be a complete headache, and apparently impossible. I'm running Windows7, with "HK Aura BT" added as bluetooth device. The PC and the speaker are definitely seeing each other. It is just not reflected in Spotify.

Thank you in advance for any input on this subject.

Cheers!

22 Replies

@user-removed wrote:

I'm on Android and I can't get both the Aura and my phone to work. AirPlay and Bluetooth works as it should, but not on Android phones. I can't see the Aura under the Devices page. Anyone having the same problem here? HELP!!!!!!

Correct me if im wrong - airplay is apple thing, android users have something else. Try bluetooth, should work. If you cant see Aura in bt devices list, push "source" button till it turns blue.

I still have this problem. Did you find a fix for "Firmware Update download failed" on your HK Aura? 

What worked for me was formatting the USB on Windows 10, as FAT (not FAT 32).  I then did a factory reset on the Aura by holding down the power and source button.  Once the speaker rebooted, I set it up again by connecting my iphone to the speaker via USB and getting on the proper wifi network.

Then, I put the USB stick with the firmware on it into the slot and held down the power and wifi button.  The lights changed and moved rapidly and I just let it do its thing.  After about 10 minutes the speaker chirped and was connected to my network.  I opened my Spotify on my mac and bingo it was there.  Good luck!  

Suggested posts