Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect device with optical output and supports gapless playback

Spotify Connect device with optical output and supports gapless playback

Hi all

I'm looking for a Spotify Connect device with optical (TOSlink) output and it must support gapless playback.

By 'gapless playback' I mean it must play a live album like Coldplay 'Live in Buenos Aires' without any two second gap/silence during track transitions. No gap, no silence, no pause between tracks in this live album (or any live album). You can hear the crowd cheers continuing between tracks, without gaps.

The Bluesound Node 2i does have optical output and does support gapless playback (I've had a couple people test and confirm).

Are there any other devices that the Community is aware of?

Many thanks!

2 Replies

I recently bought a Harman Kardon Omni Adapt Plus for exactly this purpose. Gapless Spotify connect, toslink (AND full 320 kbit/s ogg vorbis stream instead of 256 kbit/s aac). I found it at a discount for only 99 euro's. It has to be the "Plus" version or it won't have Spotify connect(!)

Connecting it to wifi with the HK controller app for osx works fine. The android app is problematic in this respect. If you connect it through its ethernet connector, you won't even need the controller app. Good luck! 

Hey there, — curious, which one you went ahead with, and what is your experience so far? Thanks for sharing!

Suggested posts