Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect doesn't show Teufel Raumfeld Connector

Solved!

Spotify Connect doesn't show Teufel Raumfeld Connector

Hi guys,

i own a " Teufel Raumfeld Connector² " that supports "Spotify connect" . So i purchased a Spotify premium membership.

My problem is that i can  find my own Computer and Smartphone , but not the Teufel connector. All devices are in the same network!

Anyone knows how to solve this? Thats the only thing why i got the premium ......

best regards

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I think the problem is that your Teufel is not connected to WiFi, but is instead wired.

Spotify connect only works over WiFi. Both your phone and device have to be on the same WiFi network. 

Spotify does not support streaming FLAC quality yet. The highest quality Spotify streams is 320kbps.

I'm not sure if you are using other services with your Teufel that have FLAC, and that is why you have it wired. You might have to come to a compomise if your setup is in conflict. Connect via WiFi and lose the ability to stream FLAC, or connect via wired and lose the ability to use Spotify connect. Or maybe it has the ability to do both connection? I don't know, I don't have experience with this device. I'm just trying to help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

With spotify-support I found the simple solution (for my case):

Uninstall the spotify-app

Reboot the device

Install the spotify-app

thats it.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Is the Teufel using a wired connection or WiFi? I think all devices need to be on the same WiFi network.

Also try disconnecting the Teufel from the network, and then try reconnecting it. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

hi,

the teufel connector is wired ( because of high res streaming FLAC), the smartphone is on wifi, and the computer is also on wire, but all in the same network..... ( and i can see the computer with the app)

i  will try restart it, and later maybe to connect it with wifi

thx for the advice

Marked as solution

I think the problem is that your Teufel is not connected to WiFi, but is instead wired.

Spotify connect only works over WiFi. Both your phone and device have to be on the same WiFi network. 

Spotify does not support streaming FLAC quality yet. The highest quality Spotify streams is 320kbps.

I'm not sure if you are using other services with your Teufel that have FLAC, and that is why you have it wired. You might have to come to a compomise if your setup is in conflict. Connect via WiFi and lose the ability to stream FLAC, or connect via wired and lose the ability to use Spotify connect. Or maybe it has the ability to do both connection? I don't know, I don't have experience with this device. I'm just trying to help.

MattSudaSpotify Star

u are right, i use it wired because most of my music is high res. FLAC stored on my NAS. i don't think that that it can use wifi and wired connection simultaneously, that's bad for me.

i will connect it with the wifi and try how it works out. thanks for your advices.

The Solution does not work for me :-(!

In the Teufel FAQs is a problem mentioned with Spotify Connect and usernames with special characters and numbers. I cannot believe that this should be a problem in times of UTF-8,...

Can anyone confirm this?

I don't want to cancel my subscription and create a new account just to change my user name, sorry but that's sh..!

I have the same problem with Spotify and the Raumfeld Sounddeck.

In Spotify I see several devices, like iPad, iPhone, play on Chromecast.
All works fine exept I don't see device Raumfeld Sounddeck.

For 5 weeks ago all worked fine.

Also in de Raumfeld APP on my iPad and iPHone, I can play over WIFI, for example TuneIn, so the WIFI is not the problem.

Please help, otherwise I have

I found the solution for my issue:  
In the Raumfeld APP on your tablet in the Spotify menu you have to set ON the MULTIROOM MODE.

Dear All,

I have the same issue and I'm really frustrated, I tried everything recommend and it still doesn't. So I have to return my Raumfeld Connector.

Hello everyone,

I face the same problem:

I have two smartphones: OnePlus 5 and iPhone 5.

I have two Raumfeld devices: Sounddeck (wired) and One M (wireless)

Via iPhone I can do everything as promised: Spotify Connect to all devices, use multiroom, etc.

Via OnePlus it doesnt work. I only can see the wireless device.

Please fix as soon as possible.

kind regards

P

Marked as solution

With spotify-support I found the simple solution (for my case):

Uninstall the spotify-app

Reboot the device

Install the spotify-app

thats it.

Hi,

can you replay Podcasts from Spotify-Connect on your Raumfeld-Device. For me it works only with Music. As soon as I want o replay a Podcasts the Raumfeld-Device appears greyed out and is not selectable.

Suggested posts