Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect for Windows Phone

Spotify Connect for Windows Phone

Hi

Have moved to Sporify when Groove shut down. 

On eof many issues  Ihave is inability to sync my own bands MP3's that I have on my PC offline files.

I have added to a playlist and they show as avaibale offline. 

I have both laptop and windows phone Spotify apps open on the same netwrk with firewall open to spotify, but not able to ge the tracks from laptop to the phone. I understand this is how it is supposed to work from another thread in the android section.

It's not just my bands music, there are a numbr of CDs I own which are ripped to the PC for local files that I can't get onto the phone.

Any solutions? (Beyond going to Deezer, I am certainly trialling that at the moment but its not perfect either...)

(Seriously with MS gifting us Groove customers please show us some love and get a really good UWP app - just re-engineer the Groove app to work with spotify...)

Thanks

4 Replies

Hey @kiwidoc,

Have a look at this FAQ for information on how to listen to your mp3's on mobile.

Best,

Jordan

Thanks for the link.

I went through all the options.

(Including reinstallings apps at both PC and phone) on a different private network, firewall all open - all to no avail.

When I look at playlist on phone, I can see it has 16 songs in playlist view, but it is empty when I open it. What am I supposed to see that would indicate something happening?

Hey @kiwidoc,

Is your computer on and open in Spotify when you attempt to open the playlist on your phone, have you tried tapping 'Download' once the playlist is open and see if that changes anything?

Let me know how you go!

Best,

Jordan

Yep, on and open. Firewall open to Spotify public and pvt netorks.

It shows the playlist title on home page of playlists, and indicates the number of tracks in the PL. When I open it however it comes up with the 'Want to addd songs to this playlit? Browse for songs.

Of note: When I go to devices in settings my phone is not being displayed. It does show the other desktops on the network.

Suggested posts