Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect hijacks my amplifier

Spotify Connect hijacks my amplifier

I´ve purchased a NAD C368 with BluOS which allows streaming with Spotify Connect.

I listened to music last night and when I went to bed I closed down spotify and turned off the amplifier.

My wife woke up this morning, turned on the TV. After 20-30 minutes the amplifier was suddenly playing music and she had no idea what was going on. When I woke up I had to deal with the mess that is Spotify Connect. I´ve got three devices with Spotify and no matter how many times I hit pause, it would start playing again.. which hijacks the amplifier (input switches automatically).

To make it stop playing, I had to turn off my Mac, my iPad and my Android phone.

Plan

Family premium

Country

Norway

Device

MacBook, iPad, Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

iOS, Mac os mojave, android

5 Replies

Hi,

You have to switch of the option "wake on LAN".

It is crappy, but the same here. Playing Spotify on my work, but still starting the amplifier if i used it the day before. Even outdoors, on mobile data it causes the amplifier tot start.

Put wake on LAN off and It wil not start.

Hello,

i have the same problem. My NAD switch channel to bluos and spotify start again while i am watching TV.

could you explain how can i put wake on LAN off?

Thanks a lot

Hi,

If you install the nad app you can login on your amplifier.
Under settings you can find it.

Best regards,

Marcel

I dont think that will work. The amplifier is already turned on for TV usage. Wake on lan should only affect the amp when its idle, no?

I went to the gym the other day, listening to spotify on my phone. Wife was watching TV at home with sound going through the amp. Spotify kept connecting to the amp, changing the output and surprised my wife with the music I was listening to.

I don’t thing too. 

Tell me if you find a solution. And i will do the same 

Suggested posts