Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect - network requirements.

Solved!

Spotify Connect - network requirements.

I am struggeling to get spotify connect work between wireless "remote" and a wired bluesound Node. What protocols are being used for discovery and connecting. I use a Cisco 800 Series router and the discovery fails between the wired and wireless network. 

Switching to wireless on the bluesound device works but the signal is a bit weak. mdns and bonjour enabled on router without success.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

As suspected, cisco does not forward ipv4LL to my AP. A separate switch solved the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

When on wired/wireless mix, are the IP addresses on the same subnet? A subnet split will often stop them from talking.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I us the same subnet for wired and wireless (so far not enough devices that I am worried about creating broadcast storms). However For your information, the problem with inter subnet discovery can be elliminated by configure multicast routing. But I am unable to find any information regarding spotify connect discovery process, so I would be happy to have this demystified without back engineering.

I Found this article: http://divideoverflow.com/2014/08/reversing-spotify-connect/ and it seems spotify connect is using the non-apple variant of zeroconf with ipv4 link local addresses in the 169.254/16. I suspect cisco does not forward this traffic between the ethernet ports. In that case, simply adding a separate switch would solve the problem.

Marked as solution

As suspected, cisco does not forward ipv4LL to my AP. A separate switch solved the problem.

Thanks for sharing your solution! 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts