Spotify Connect no longer working with Sonos

Highlighted

Spotify Connect no longer working with Sonos

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device, OS

Reproducible on: Google Pixel 4 w/ Android 11, Windows 10 desktop, new 2019 Macbook Pro with macOS 10.15. All same behavior

My Question or Issue

As of a couple days ago I can no longer connect to my Sonos devices via Spotify Connect from within the Spotify app across all 3 devices that I've tried. However, I'm still able to browse Spotify, play songs, etc. from within the Sonos app with no problem.

It seems specifically broken when trying to use Spotify Connect from a Spotify app to Sonos. It hangs on "Connecting" forever. Has there been some regression?

Thank you!

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Spotify Connect no longer working with Sonos

Casual Listener

Exact same thing happening to me. Sometimes I can’t even start Spotify directly in Sonos. All other streaming services are fine. 

Highlighted

Regular
  1. I’ve a simular problem, i can’t select the sonos speakers via Spotify app (wifi). Only via Airplay. 

When i use the Sonos App i can select Spotify numbers etc. and it will work, so there seems to be a problem in the Spotify app.

Problem occurs on both iPhone Xs and iPad Pro with iOS 14 (my son experiences the same problem in iOS 13.x), both with access granted to the wifi network and access granted the local network in settings.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Same! Sometimes Sonos will start to play the last thing I was playing on the respective speaker. Super weird. I’ve given up and I’m just using airplay for now.
SUGGESTED POSTS