Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Spotify Connect not working after Denon firmware update

Solved!

Re: Spotify Connect not working after Denon firmware update

zwollerkerspel

A few days ago my Denon n8 had a firmware upgrade and since then I cannot connect with it via Spotify. Please fix!

SunStar1
Casual Listener

I tried Network Reset and Factory Reset on RCD-N8 (CEOL).

Nothing worked. It is very frustrating...

SunStar1
Casual Listener

So Spotify in the HiFi Apps are removed because Spotify wants you to use Spotify Connect within the Spotify App itself:

https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_everywhere/on_speaker/why-cant-i-use-the-spotify-app-on-my-spe...

So install latest firmware on HiFi, open Spotify (make sure you are in ONLINE MODE), and you can connect directly to Denon when playing the Song.

ADDxxxx
Casual Listener

Ok - got it to work and it's fine.

I was using a wired connection and it didn't pick it up. Had to run the Piccolo with a wifi connection and there it was.

Good times. Now we just need the inbuilt lyrics back.

:)

Netrab
Casual Listener

But this means it is no longer possible to only use the receiver to listen to Spotify. With this update you HAVE to use a second device (phone, tablet, etc).

Or am I missing something?

ADDxxxx
Casual Listener

I think that's right Netrab.

Odd isn't it.

SUGGESTED POSTS