Country

NZ

Device

Android x5, Klpsch Speaker w/ Spotify Conect

Operating System

n/a

My Question or Issue

Hi,

Recently (about 6 - 8 weeks ago) the 'Devices Available" feature disappeared from all members on our Premium plan except for the primary account holder (mine).

My phone works correctly, I play a song and the "Devices Available" button is visible, clicking it allows me to select the Spotify (group) I have defined.  This "Devices Available" option has disappeared on every other account.

The other Family accounts can use the speaker via Bluetooth, but this is less than suitable.  The other phones are on the WiFi and can connect to the speaker via its WiFi management app.

Thanks

3 Replies

Hey @rbs1,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the issue you're having.

Spotify Connect displays Devices Available when any devices are nearby. Recently, did you by any chance disconnect any Bluetooth or WiFi speakers that Spotify Connect recognized in the past?

Is your phone and phones of your family members are in the same condition? (e.g. same WiFi)

Can you try selecting "Speaker" inside Spotify Connect's interface? You can access the interface from the Now Playing screen at the bottom of the screen with the Connect button.

Let me know if this solves your issue,

Cheers,

Arda.

Hi, thanks for your answer.

Yes, the phones are all on the same WiFi network.

Selecting speaker does not show any available speakers for anyone including myself.  But I have the "Devices Available" button and can select it.

It's a "Spotify Connect" speaker - that means the Speaker is CONNECTED to the spotify cloud service.  When I start playing music and select the speaker from "available devices", the Spotify Cloud starts streaming the music to the speaker directly.  I can even turn off my phone or leave the house.  In fact I can start playing music to the speaker from anywhere in the world.  (which is sometimes quite amusing).

So it makes no difference if the phones are on the same wifi network or not, but that said, yes we have tried them on the same wifi network as well...

Thanks

After some further testing, I can confirm that if I log in on my wifes phone as me, I can use Spotify Connect and play music via the Speaker.

If I log backin as her the option disappears.

Have spotify changed the Premium Family account so that only the primary account holder can use Spotify Connect?

Suggested posts