Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Spotify Connect on Echo Dot stutters, choppy.

Re: Spotify Connect on Echo Dot stutters, choppy.

gibbat
Casual Listener

Hi

resetted Echodot v2 yesterday as mentioned in previous post and started to test today how it works. Listening "The Jackson 5 Radio" at the moment and no stuttering during the first 4-5 tracks. let's see if it starts within a few minutes.

as told in my post im using the notebook and bluetooth mouse - just to be sure to have the same environment/clients connected to the same wifi accesspoint as i thought it's a wifi problem at the first time.

keep you updated - im happy that im not the only one with that issue.

regarding "sound quality" of echodot-v3 connected with aux to stereo amp - let's if there's better sound improvment didnt expect that the sound quality gets better on echodot-v3

Majkus_
Casual Listener

Echo Dot V2 here, followed your guide, didn't help. It still stutters. It's very annoying. 

soundslikebliss
Casual Listener

Having the same issue... Anyone find a real fix? 

Happening on both of my Gen 2 Dots, playing Spotify through aux output to speakers.

Does NOT happen when I play Amazon music.  

gibbat
Casual Listener

As stated in previous post - after the reset it worked a few tracks but then stuttered again - i replaced with echodot v3 no stuttering so far. not sure whats wrong on dot v2 as it

worked flawlessly since 2016 and started to stutter few months ago.

annoying. 

Murphotronic

Same issue for months, echo  dot v2 with a bluetooth speaker.  Factory reset and unlink-relink spotify does nothing.  Thinking of getting a Google home instead, has any one had this issue with Google devices?  Really only use this for music control while washing dishes. Plus the Alexa app is incredibly confusing.  

ropotin

Can't find "Spotify" when navigating to settings in the Alexa app, thus not sure if this advice is up to date. It only appears under "choose default music services" where there's no option to unlink.

gibbat
Casual Listener

i took that „problematic“ dot v2 just for fun for a trip to france and added it there during new years eve party - the isp line there was max 10-16mbits - dot v2 was connected like at home with aux to an amp and guess what?

no stutterings during 3 days power usage with spotify - wondering what could be the difference. as told i have now dot v3 in same place at home with same wifi etc and no stutterings. 

additionally said : i used another power supply (non amazon one) for the dot v2 during my trip. perhaps the amazon power supply starts to mess around which causing the stuttering? just to focus on all aspects , anyone already tested with other power supplies?

Checkers_
Casual Listener

Having the same issue whilst at university on a 100Mbps connection, also on an echo dot V2. Interestingly no issues when I took it home to my 20Mbps. Signal strength is fine, powered by the same stock power supply both times. 

Using a BT home hub 5 router at university and BT whole home at home. Home hub 5 has been problematic with a couple of other devices in the past, what routers are other people using? 

sboldt
Regular

My Router is an AVM Fritzbox 7490 with up to date firmware.

regards,
Stephan

youradds
Regular

I'm having the same issue. If I play a song on my PC through the desktop app, it runs fine. I then tell it to use my Echo Dot (v2) to stream the music. It goes juddery every now and then.

Interestingly, if I tell Alexa to "play x on spotify", it works without an issue! So seems to be more of an issue with the Spotify app itself?

Andy

SUGGESTED POSTS