Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect on Marantz

Solved!

Spotify Connect on Marantz

Hi,

The current Spotify implementation in Marantz iOS app is a real nightmare. The result is that I never use it, but rather rely on Airplay. Is it planned to add Spotify Connect to existing Marantz amplifiers? (mine : SR5008).

Marantz was listed as a partner at Connect launch, but there is still nothing in sight, and this page is not very encouraging: 

http://marantz-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1773

Is it at least on the roadmap?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Actually I submit a question on their website, and got an answer: they will not update existing products with Spotify Connect... 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

As far as I know its up to the manufacturers to implement Connect themselves (once Spotify give them the needed tools off course). I don't think Spotify will be able to give you a timeframe after seeing how the Connect rollout happened on Yamaha devices.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Actually I submit a question on their website, and got an answer: they will not update existing products with Spotify Connect... 

Did they tell you for which devices this is true or can you copy/paste the answer? I just bought a Marantz SR7008 and can't believe it won't ever get Spotify Connect.

I am afraid this is true for all existing products. Here is their full answer : 

Dear X,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Per answer id: 1773 It is not possible to upgrade to the new Spotify Connect with our existing products. Traditionally we do release new products every summer however it is too early to say which products will be released and what the features/specifications of these will be.

Apologies.

Suggested posts