Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect only works from one account to Denon DRA-N4

Spotify Connect only works from one account to Denon DRA-N4

Hi! 

We have a problem connecting to a Denon Ceol Piccolo DRA-N4 using Spotify Connect. We have two premium accounts and Spotify Connect works perfectly, but only one of our accounts can see the Denon in Spotify at a time. 

My girlfriends account works fine and is paired to the Denon, both when at home and outside the network. My account can not see it, regardless of device. The result is the same for all devices, we have multiple laptops, tablets and phones. All devices logged in to her Spotify account can find the Denon, but none with my account. Same if I log out on my phone and log back in with her account - then it works. So has nothing to do with device or network problems. Everything works for one account at a time! And other devices work fine from both accounts, like our Sony SRS-X7, Smart-TVs, laptops and Chromecast with Connect.

Talked to Denon support in Sweden, very helpful but the only advice they could give was factory reset, and that didn´t change anything. But they mentioned that others with similar problem had their account changed/renewed by Spotify somehow to make it work. Anyone heard of this?

Not sure if this is a Spotify problem or Denon problem - any ideas or help would be much appreciated! 

Kind regards

Stefan

2 Replies

I had a lot of problems with Spotify Connect my DRA-N4 until I purchased a new router (Ubiquiti) to handle my home network instead of the router I got from my internet provider. Not sure if it is related, but it solved all my weird connection problems.

Hi!

Thank you for your reply!

I am using the router from my internet provider and I haven´t tried changing anything in the setup. The problem I described here has recently been solved for me, probably as my phone hade been upgraded to a new version of Google Play Services. 

On the links below the problem (and solution) is described by Google and Denon:

https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7634752?hl=en&ref_topic=7071995

https://denon-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6339/

Hopefully everything will keep working...

Kind regards

Stefan

Suggested posts