Spotify Connect over ethernet/cabled connection is highly unreliable - use WiFi instead

Highlighted

Spotify Connect over ethernet/cabled connection is highly unreliable - use WiFi instead

Starelite
Casual Listener

I have been struggling for a long time with getting spotify connect to work on my Sony Bravia and Onkyo (both using ethernet cable to connect to my LAN). The devices usually (yes, sometimes it does worke?) show up as a playable device in Spotify.

Recently I found out that spotify connect works a lot better when you are using WiFi to connect your devices to your LAN. This is quite unfortunate since I would like to rely on my cable connection instead of using the poor perfromance of my WiFi connection.

Has anyone experienced the same? Is there an explanation for why Spotify connect doesn't work via ethernet?

2 Replies

Re: Spotify Connect over ethernet/cabled connection is highly unreliable - use WiFi instead

mrstwinkle
Regular

Same here. Spotify connect works fairly reliably on wifi, but i want  to use ethernet. Whic hworks fine for other apps, but Spotify connect seems patchy as **bleep**. Phone is in flight mode to keep wifi off to stop IP address conflicts. Ethernet connection works fine for play store, chrome etc etc, so bug is Spotify's.

Re: Spotify Connect over ethernet/cabled connection is highly unreliable - use WiFi instead

js59

Has this issue been addressed?  Looking to set-up my living room sound system with a ethernet connected Onkyo receiver to use as a Spotify Connect device (which will send the music to my in-home speakers), but I'm hesitating b/c I haven't been able to find any threads that mention that this is something that has been fixed...

SUGGESTED POSTS