used to be Free, now Premium

Country

NL 

Device

OnePlus One, Yamaha RX-477 and Denon Heos

Operating System

Android 6.0.1

My Question or Issue

Since feb 2018 I have been unable to use spotify connect on my devices. The RX-477 no longer appears as a spotify connect device in the app or on the desktop app when I'm logged in to my account. However:

•  friends are able to connect to my receiver and heos from their devices, on my network.
    From this, I conclude that both my network and my devices are correctly set up, or they wouldn't be able to connect. 
  • friends are able to see my receiver and heos from the windows 10 desktop app if they log in or bring their own laptop.
    From this, I conclude that Spotify Connect is disabled from my account in some way.
  • Spotify Connect works between my laptop and my phone but not between my phone and my receiver or between laptop and receiver. Note that friends can connect these devices on the same network.

This stopped working around feb 2018. I switched user accounts around that date.
From this, I conclude that my new account is somehow blocked from using Connect.

actions taken: 

• I have cleaned all spotify data from my phone.
  • I have removed the spotify app from my phone and reinstalled it.
  • I have enabled and disabled the Only Local Devices option in the app.
  • I have upgraded the receiver's firmware - friends can still connect, I can't.

My gut tells me that my account needs some administrator to enable/fix  Spotify Connect.

I'm not sure what to do next.

2 Replies

Hey @increddibelly

That's pretty strange!

One thing I can suggest you try is revoking access for all apps in your Spotify account to see if that changes anything:

1. Go here (Apps section of Spotify account page)

2. Revoke access for every app, Spotify or not.

Spotify apps should return on their own, so no worries on this 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Unfortunately, no change.

Since I'm 100% sure this issue is related to my user account, I've cancelled my account. I'll setup a new account at some point, and I'm sure it will work again.

Suggested posts