Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect stops support for Clique R100?

Spotify Connect stops support for Clique R100?

I have been using Spotify on Windows desktop and on Android with streaming (Spotify Connect) to an ASUS Clique R100 since many months. Now suddenly it stopped working. I can stream from Desktop to tablet, tablet to phone and so on, but none will stream to the Clique.

I read somewhere that Spotify changed something, so several devices are not supported anymore. Is this true? I don't see any info in this forum or on the Spotify site. The Clique is listed as a compatible device.

I cannot use Spotify on my stereo, please help!

7 Replies

I just noticed: The problem occurs with a LARGE playlist. Smaller playlists and the ones created by Spotify give no trouble. Apparently, there is a maximum size to a playlist for Spotify Connect! Anyone knows what this maximum is?

Hey Rob, quick question, I consider R100 now, but found mixed reviews. Does your work seamlessly, no gaps between tracks, etc.? I'm planning to use with SPDIF through line out 3.5 -> TOSLINK adapter that's included. What's your feedback on Clique R100? Thanks! 

Hi Arsenyspb,

I have 2 units of R100, bought them a few weeks ago on Amazon_It (I live in Italy). They rely on the allplay technology by Qualcomm and Asus decided not to develop a specific app, in ordere to use the Clique R100 you must use the AllPlay Jukebox and AllPlay Radio applications developed by Qualcomm. The issue is that, at least for the Italian iOS app store the apps are missing. If you are an Android person you can sti ll find them on Google Play (or install the APK file) but if you are an iPhone user, setup and use of the devices can be tricky. Otherwise they are a good example of nice sound in a small package (the toslink adapter is included in the box).

Ciao mi puoi aggiornare sullo stato del dispositivo?

Vorrei comprarlo e mi serve sapere se è tutto ok con spotify avviato dal cell, in modo da farlo riprodurre sul r100.

Inoltre hai provato file FLAC via chiavetta usb?

Grazie

I am writing this just to have some confirmations about the smooth and good playback of Spotify and usb sticks with flac files

Grazie

Antonio, I'm thinking about buying R100. Can you tell me whether the device settings ramain set after the power loss? I would like to set up the device once (using Android app - like volume level) and then use it with Spotify Connect. I just turn of the power for my music/tv set every night and I don't want to constantly use the app to set up the R100. Thanks for the answer in advance 🙂 Maciej (from Poland)

The R100 always works great with Spotify connect. I can confirm, the device settings won't go away after a power loss.

Suggested posts