Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect troubles with Yamaha MusicCast

Spotify Connect troubles with Yamaha MusicCast

Up until a few days ago, I had absolutely no problems connecting to my two Yamaha MusicCast speakers (WX-010 and WX-030) with Spotify Connect on my Android phone. All of a sudden, I very frequently have it get stuck on "Connecting..." when I try to connect. I have the same problem with the desktop version of Spotify.

This is specific to Spotify Connect as I have no problems playing Pandora on the speakers. I didn't change any of my network settings or do any kind of upgrades.

I've tried the following:

1) Restarted my router (once by restarting it, and once by completely uplugging it and plugging it back in).

2) Powered off and powered back on the speakers.

3) Completely reset the speakers and reconnected them with the MusicCast app.

4) Signed out of all Spotify devices and signed back in.

5) Removed and reinstalled the Spotify app from my phone.

None of these have helped. Is there a known Spotify Connect issue with Yamaha devices going on now?

112 Replies

Thanks. But since I can not connect to my speakers using Music Cast I can
not update the firmware and I can not get them to connect to the wifi my
phone is connected to using Music Cast. Is there another way to update the
firmware?

Do you have access to your router? you can connect each speaker up to the router via ethernet cable. I believe the speaker will automatically connect and do a firware update however not sure about that.

Regardless, once the speaker is connected via ethernet cable you should then be able to see your speakers in the musicCast app.

If you can't connect your speakers to internet its kind of useless especially if you have two of them....

Are you sure you're following the directions correctly? Are you using IOS or Android? Setting up each speaker with Android was easier than with IOS to be honest....

I can connect and start playing music on my musiccast speaker but it just stops in the middle of a song after 2-3 songs... Then it's hard to get it to start again and when it succeeds it takes 1-2 songs and it stops again. Have tried to restart all the equipment. Nothing helps. This problem just occured from out of nothing.

Sounds like you are not alone. I tried to use Spotify Connect today on my RX-V581 and I had random dropouts : sometimes after 1-2 songs, sometimes after 5 or 6 songs. Had to restart the amp the first time. The second time it happened I managed playing another song then it stopped. I tried again many times until I got **bleep** off. Firmware is v1.17 from a few months ago.

You are right. Same AVR, same probs. Everthing up to date with software and firmware. I had the same weeks ago. Then all was fine. Now struggle is back again. And no matter, wether I start from the Mac app or iPhone app.

This is not a basis for keeping premium, Spotify.

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with RX-V483 here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Yamaha-AV-Receiver-Spotify-Connect-Rando...

Happened a few times over the last few days, got much worse yesterday.

We need to get Spotify/Yamaha to take notice of this!

I hate to say it but I totally gave up and switched to Deezer. MusicCast has the Deezer app built into it and its been flawless. I dont think it's a spotify problem though [I think]. I just think if spotify was directly built into the app it would work just like Deezer does.

Deezer is .99 cents for 3 months. Try it out and see if the problem goes away. 

I really like Spotify too.... I'm just $1500 bucks into Yamaha gear so the switch for me was easy....

@badreligion91  schrieb:

MusicCast has the Deezer app built into it and its been flawless. I dont think it's a spotify problem though [I think]. I just think if spotify was directly built into the app it would work just like Deezer does.

Spotify is! With my Yamaha/MusicCast I have integrated connection to Spotify. Only the same network is needed. 

There is also "qobuz". It's very nice too. More specialized to Jazz and Classic, which is not a prob for me. But with qobuz you cannot use your device as a remote control (smart streaming directly via LAN to the HiFi), it uses AirPlay. That was the exclusion for me.

Deezer is no longer available. Maybe it got different between Europe, the US etc..

I have the same problem with V683 and Spotify. Playback stops in middle and i need to skip to the next song. It ALWAYS happens when i receive notifications on the iOS device. but sometimes it just happens.. Playback from Windows App looks fine so far...

And i got the same issue on my wx-030. no notifications. Just stop playback. And now its broken... cant use it anymore. My wife can skip to the next track at least. So i will cancel spotify and switch over to deezer..

I have a Premium account linked to a family member account, so it would cost me a bit more to switch to Deezer however if I don't have the choice I'll switch. I'm not there yet, I'll just wait for a fix for a few days.

Sure, i will wait, too. And i have a Family account, too

Same issue, whole house of musiccast products. All connected via Lan cable. All work on every other internet based service. All of them drop out of Spotify connect after 2-3 songs .No other issues with internet or phone . I've been running this setup with no issues for about 2 years now it started about 7 days ago. I don't have the option of moving service provider, my rx-v779 amp at the centre of my house and system only runs Spotify, Napster or juke for some reason (has most up to date firmware but Yamaha didn't add the other services to my amp when they added it to everything else)

Plus the Spotify service is really good and I don't want to have to move so please can someone find a solution?

I bet we all running the same App Version? 8.4.51.696

I have the exact same problem. Nothing seems to help. Strange thing is that there hasn't been any updates the last week when the problems occured.

Yep - that's my app version on iOS.

But also having the same problem from android app and OS X.
Points to it being a problem with the spotify connect APIs rather than the
apps I think.

I have the same problem. The connetcion drops down after 2-3 songs.

I am using the Yamaha YAS-306 and de spotify latest version for android.

Hope Yamaha and Spotify have noticed about this issue and take a solution.

I have the exact same problem since 2 days ago with my Yamaha WXC-50 preamp. It happened in the past too, but got really bad now, I can barely use the connect function anymore. Cuts after 1 or 2 songs, sometimes already after 20 seconds. Can't even skip to the next song, only a restart of the preamp will make it play again.

Already tried a factory reset of the preamp, without succes. Firmware of preamp and spotify and Musiccast apps are up to date. Hope there will be a solution to this soon, otherwise it will be time for me to switch too. Airplay and BT work fine though, but I experience worse sound quality while streaming via Airplay or BT.

I contacted the support.

nothing helped so far but they take care.

anyway: to het kt working again (without restart) you need to disable connect (local playback) and then play again for another 2 and a half songs 😄

Iam happy that netradio is working for now. So i have some music to listen to.

Same Issue on RX-A2060!

somedays it works fine, on others it stops after a while.

Suggested posts