Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect troubles with Yamaha MusicCast

Spotify Connect troubles with Yamaha MusicCast

Up until a few days ago, I had absolutely no problems connecting to my two Yamaha MusicCast speakers (WX-010 and WX-030) with Spotify Connect on my Android phone. All of a sudden, I very frequently have it get stuck on "Connecting..." when I try to connect. I have the same problem with the desktop version of Spotify.

This is specific to Spotify Connect as I have no problems playing Pandora on the speakers. I didn't change any of my network settings or do any kind of upgrades.

I've tried the following:

1) Restarted my router (once by restarting it, and once by completely uplugging it and plugging it back in).

2) Powered off and powered back on the speakers.

3) Completely reset the speakers and reconnected them with the MusicCast app.

4) Signed out of all Spotify devices and signed back in.

5) Removed and reinstalled the Spotify app from my phone.

None of these have helped. Is there a known Spotify Connect issue with Yamaha devices going on now?

112 Replies

After I connect my yamaha pre amp via Ethernet cable, I don't have interruptions anymore. Strongly recommended.

I have my reciever connected with an ethernet cable... Doesn't matter with spotify now, same thing happens. Play is stopped after aprox 2-3 songs.

Hard wired or not the gremlins will come back. I have WXA50 hard wired connected to an older YSP1100 and outdoor speakers. I also have 5 WX010 and 1 WX030 and Spotify would just drop out after 2 or three songs just like everyone is talking about.

Every once in a blue moon it would play an hour or so....

So far Deezer hasn't stopped at all... I really think it has to do with the being completely integrated into the Musiccast app.

What I did was sign up for Deezer just to try it out while keeping Spotify. After three days with Deezer I canceled Spotify.

I like Spotify but Deezer is really nice too. Their "flow" is pretty cool feature.

Same problem here too, hardwired or not it just cuts out randomly.

It's been working fine for 18 months and has just started happening in the last week or so.

I have pretty much tried everything to remedy this problem as it's completely ruining the listening experience.

I contacted support via facebook messanger. They cleared my cache and I had to reinstall spotify. All offline material was deleted but now it seems to work fine...

It was helping me, too. But for 30 minutes or so. But lets see

Yes, worked for about 30 mins, then same **bleep** again.

The same problem on yas-306. 2-4 songs and drop...

I have exactly the same problem, it just cuts after 2-3 songs, then the next songs wont start, after 20 seconds I can play a song again.

Also spotify connect, but with samsung multiroom speakers, so I don't think the problem is related to Yamaha or Samsung speakers, but with the spotify connect api.

• Glad, I found this thread. 

After resetting all my devices, deleting cached data, uninstalling all related apps and setting it all up again, with everything running smoothly but spotify, I came to the conclusion that something must be wrong with the streaming service handling musiccast....

No matter which device I use for running spotify, connected to musiccast it stops playing after seconds or minutes...

It drove me mad this weekend... 

Since I am not alone and Yamaha and Spotify probably care, this will be fixed hopefully sooner than later...

Still this sucks... I just started vacation. And I hate it without ambient music in my appartment...

My musiccast arrangement comprises of 1 RX A1070, 1 YSP-1600, 2 ISX-80, 2 WX-030 and 1 WX-010.

Hi,

look at this: https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_everywhere/on_speaker/why-cant-i-use-the-spotify-app-on-my-spe...

Spotify knows about this! I think, yamaha must create software update for each soundbar 😕 This take a loooong time.

Someone tried to ask yamaha about this?

Thanks,

but this is a different topic (old api is turned off)

yamaha is already using the new one. 

The same here, when it cuts out and you press the play button straight away it just skips songs without playing them. Then, after a after about 30seconds or so, if you press play it starts playing again.

I am current in dialogue with Spotify care (via messenger) so I will let you know if we reach a solution.

I'al also in contact with spotify since 2 days about this problem,

Exactly the same problem on my Samsung speakers, I'll keep you posted if I found a solution.

@Altum11 wrote:

The same here, when it cuts out and you press the play button straight away it just skips songs without playing them. Then, after a after about 30seconds or so, if you press play it starts playing again.

I am current in dialogue with Spotify care (via messenger) so I will let you know if we reach a solution.

Exactly the same behavior here.

Keep us updated on spotify's answers... 

@Jorlin wrote:

@Altum11 wrote:

Exactly the same behavior here.

Keep us updated on spotify's answers... 

+1 here.

Using RX-V781, WX-030s and WXC-50s.

Same issue here. Just got brand new Yamaha WXC-50 firmware 1.36 (1629), API version 1.19. Wired ethernet connection and same issue if I stream from macbook pro (Spotify 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78) or Android Pixel2 (8.4.52.812 armV7). The song might stop playing randomly even if it has connection active. Hitting play just changes immediatelly to pause. It works after waiting for a minute or more. I just sent tweet to @YamahaMusicEU and @SpotifyCares and you should do the same.

Also remember to add "me too" to first post. 

Same problem here since a couple of days back.

Use wired connection with wxa-50 (wired), wxad-10 (wired) and wx-010's (wireless).

No problems via dnla (nas), only via Spotify connect. 

Software versions:

Spotify: 8.4.52.812

WXA-50: 1.36 (1629) api: 1.19

WXAD-10: 1.14 (1627) api: 1.19

WX-010: 1.42 (1625) api: 1.19

Me too! RX-A670 with WX-010. Annoyingly this worked perfectly for the two months I had this set up but in the last few days it’s been dropping the Spotify connection at random. When this happens the on screen display and display panel of the amp show Spotify but not the track/artist information. I have to scroll through the playlist a few songs before it will start again

I have downloaded both Tidal and Deezer which have no problems, but I would much rather use Spotify as the ux is much better. Really hope Yamaha and Spotify can sort this

Me too. Can confirm the same issue since more than a week now.

Using wx-10 and receiver v683... 

Suggested posts